New QT-6600 Expands Casio’s Flash Rom Touch Terminal Product Line
New QT-6600 Expands Casio’s Flash Rom Touch Terminal Product Line.
The QT-6600 is a continuation of Casio’s successful flash ROM products
DOVER, NJ.- Casio America, Inc. is pleased to announce the release of a new POS/ECR flash ROM, touch screen terminal, the QT-6600. Casio’s System Products Division will introduce the QT-6600 at a series of Casio dealer meetings across the United States and Canada starting April 28th. The QT-6600 will also be highlighted at the upcoming NRA Show (National Restaurant Show) in Chicago May 16th – 19th.
Building on the success of the QT-6000 and QT-6100 terminals, the QT-6600 is positioned as a step up model in Casio’s flagship flash ROM product line offering an expanded feature set designed for demanding hospitality and retail applications.
The QT-6600 will incorporate many new software features that were jointly developed with Casio Computer Co., Ltd. and its US and European subsidiaries. These new features create a powerful touch screen terminal for hospitality and retail applications and are expected to make an immediate impact on the QT-6600’s success.
“We are thrilled to add this new model to our flash ROM touch terminal product line,” said Frank Romeo, Vice President of Casio’s Business Products Division. “The QT-6600 offers many of the same features and functions that are found on higher priced PC based systems, but with the stability and reliability of a cash register product -- that means no hassles of an operating system or hard drive.”
QT-6600 software enhancements include:
* The ability to upgrade software enhancements remotely via a FTP connection
* The option of a server upon signing on to only see their guest checks
* Employee clocking in/out using magnetic stripe card
* “Timed” PLU used to charge an hourly fee on an item (ex: pool/billiard tables)
* Centralized order number for take-out/fast food operations
* Ethernet printer interface
* Up to 16 remote printers
* 2nd Language character printing to remote and local printers
* Simplified menu explosion
* Stock master
* 60,000 scanning item file
* Not Found item file
* Age Verification
* 4,000 Customer charge file
Like all Casio flash ROM products, the QT-6600 offers reliable and rugged performance in a new state-of- the-art design, along with new hardware features that include:
* High Resolution 15” TFT touch display
* A standard built-in two (2) line alpha/numeric LCD customer display
* Larger standard RAM capacity
* 2nd Cash drawer cable as standard
* New optional black cash drawers available (DL2434-medium size/DL-3622-large size)
* PS2 Keyboard port
* Six (6) serial ports for peripheral connectivity including:
o Credit/debit/gift/EBT Card device
o Coin Dispenser
o Remote Display
o Pre-paid card
o DVR interface
The QT-6600 software will emulate many of the great applications found on the QT-6000/6100 such as graphical icons on keys, graphical split check screen, floating guest checks, add & transfer check functionality, time & attendance, scheduler function to automate operations based on time and day, mix & match discounting, customer names on check buttons, scanning and inventory to name a few.
The QT-6600 will be positioned as the high-end terminal in Casio’s flash ROM product line complimenting the current QT-6100 nicely. The price positioning of the QT-6600 provides Casio dealers the ability to offer two (2) pricing and featured solutions; the QT-6600 for more feature demanding operations and the QT-6100 to price conscience customers desiring the advantages of a touch screen solution for their business.
Casio America will begin shipping the QT-6600’s to Casio authorized dealers at the end of April.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.