New Fantasy Golf Game Opens Kodak Challenge to PGA TOUR Fans
Free “Kodak Challenge Fantasy Pick ’Em” to offer prizes, including a “DISNEY Golf Dream Vacation”.
ROCHESTER, N.Y.- One of the most exciting new events on the PGA TOUR this season, the Kodak Challenge, is inviting golf fans to play along with the professionals. Kodak is launching a new fantasy golf league, the Kodak Challenge Fantasy Pick ’Em, which enables fans to experience the action of the Kodak Challenge in a free online game at www.fantasy.kodakchallenge.com. Participants are eligible for Kodak prizes as well as a season-ending giveaway to win a “DISNEY Golf Dream Vacation for Four.”
The Kodak Challenge Fantasy Pick ’Em gives fans an intimate view of The Kodak Challenge, in which players compete against one another on designated Kodak Challenge holes in 30 different PGA TOUR events. The player with the lowest cumulative score relative to par on his best 18 Kodak Challenge holes at the end of the PGA TOUR season wins $1 million and the Kodak Challenge trophy.
Pre-registration for the Kodak Challenge Fantasy Pick ’Em, hosted at www.fantasy.kodakchallenge.com, will be open from April 30 to May 24. The inaugural Kodak Challenge Fantasy Pick ’Em contest will take place during the Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial, May 28-31.
“The excitement of the Kodak Challenge is building as the season unfolds, and now golf fans have a way to play along,” said David Feherty, CBS Sports golf analyst and a member of the Kodak Challenge Advisory Board. “Kodak Challenge holes have been at the center of the action at PGA TOUR events this season, including Tiger Woods’ exciting win at Bay Hill 18th hole on March 29. Playing the Kodak Challenge Fantasy Pick ‘Em gives fans a way to join their favorite players and get right into the action.”
To participate in the Kodak Challenge Fantasy Pick ’Em, fans select their favorite fantasy foursome for each of the Kodak Challenge holes, earning points each week based upon the golfer’s best score for that week’s designated hole. Results will be based on a modified score to par system, and weekly first-place winners will receive their choice of a KODAK Digital Camera, Pocket Video Camera, All-in-One Printer or Digital Picture Frame. All players also receive an entry into the “DISNEY Golf Dream Vacation for Four” Grand Prize giveaway each time they submit a fantasy roster.
Kodak Challenge Fantasy Pick ’Em Details:
* Pre-registration at www.fantasy.kodakchallenge.com takes place from April 30 to May 24.
* The first week of Kodak Challenge Fantasy Pick ’Em competition for game players will occur during the Crowne Plaza Invitation at Colonial on May 28, 2009, where PGA TOUR players will battle it out on the par-3, 171-yard 13th hole.
* Complete rules and scoring information is available via www.fantasy.kodakchallenge.com.
* Game players will be awarded a Grand Prize giveaway entry for each week they submit a roster. If a fan plays each week, they will accumulate 17 entries in the season-ending drawing.
* Fans that sign up by May 24 earn an extra entry into the Grand Prize drawing at the end of the season.
* The Grand Prize DISNEY Fantasy Golf Vacation will be selected in a random drawing after the final Kodak Challenge 2009 tournament.
* Fans can sign up for the Kodak Challenge Fantasy Pick ’Em game by visiting www.fantasy.kodakchallenge.com.
“Golf fans everywhere have been asking for a way to get involved in the Kodak Challenge,” said Jeffrey Hayzlett, Chief Marketing Officer and Vice President, Eastman Kodak Company. “We’re responding with a game that’s easy to understand and fun to play.”
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.