Flower Power Takes Root: Con Edison Seeds 2nd Annual NYC Wildflower Week
NEW YORK – The largest celebration of National Wildflower Week in the country will take place here May 2-9. NYC Wildflower Week celebrates all things green and wild in the Big Apple - the hundreds of native flowers, trees, shrubs and grasses that are nestled in the five boroughs.
The celebration includes dozens of free activities, walks and talks for all New Yorkers to enjoy. Some of the events include:
* Wildflower giveaways as well as gardening tips and demonstrations throughout the day at the south side of the Greenmarket in Union Square, May 2;
* Botanical walks in all five boroughs, including: Inwood Hill Park, Bronx River Forest, Prospect Park, Alley Pond Park and Bloomingdale Park;
* A children’s interactive plant fair that includes learning about NYC native plants and touring a native plant garden at the Solar One education center in Manhattan, May 9;
* An overview of native wildflowers of NYC by Marielle Anzelone, botanist, landscape designer and founder of NYC Wildflower Week at New York University, May 1;
* A panel discussion on creating sustainable landscapes at The New School, May 4.
To find out more about NYC Wildflower Week activities, visit http://nycwildflowerweek.org.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.