CA Delivers Comprehensive Recovery Management to Support Data Storage, Backup and Recovery
New Releases of CA ARCserve Backup and CA XOsoft Leverage Virtualization, Data Deduplication, Storage Resource Management and DR Testing to Support Lean IT
ISLANDIA, N.Y. – CA, Inc. (NASDAQ: CA) today announced a major new release of CA Recovery Management designed to help customers meet data protection, business continuity and disaster recovery challenges in tough economic times. Virtualization enhancements, built-in data deduplication and Storage Resource Management (SRM), and innovative ways to help ensure recoverability of critical business information head the list of new capabilities designed to improve efficiency and reduce the cost of data storage, protection and recovery. This is among 13 new and enhanced products announced today by CA that help CIOs achieve Lean IT by reducing waste, increasing productivity and improving the customer experience.
The numerous efficiency and cost saving features in the new release are extended by the CA ARCserve® “X-tra Value Pack” that offers attractive pricing for CA ARCserve Backup Suite bundle, including two free copies of CA XOsoft™ Replication and one year of maintenance.
“Faced with tight budgets and limited staff, customers need their IT strategy for recovery management to be smarter and leaner by making better use of the existing hardware and streamlining backup and recovery practices,” said Adam Famularo, senior vice president and general manager of CA’s Recovery Management and Data Modeling business unit. “Our new Recovery Management release is loaded with new features that help meet these challenges.”
CA Recovery Management includes new releases of CA ARCserve Backup, CA XOsoft High Availability and CA XOsoft Replication, business continuity and disaster recovery software.
“IT organizations are looking for optimized and cost effective ways to maintain and manage copies of data for business continuity and disaster recovery,” said Lauren Whitehouse, analyst at Enterprise Strategy Group. “CA’s new Recovery Management release provides backup and replication for physical and virtual environments that meets these needs, incorporating key technologies like native data deduplication, SRM, and file-level recovery from image-level backups in server virtualization environments.”
The new CA Recovery Management solution includes:
CA ARCserve Backup r12.5
CA ARCserve Backup delivers comprehensive data protection with centralized management and advanced features designed to help IT do more with less at a lower cost while helping to minimize the risk of data loss. This high performance solution combines innovative disk and tape backup with state-of-the-art technologies to support efficient backup in both physical and virtual environments and powerful, integrated anti-virus and encryption tools, making it one of the most secure “out-of-the-box” backup solutions offered today.
Highlights of the new features include:
* Integrated data deduplication that helps improve the economics of disk-based backup and helps save money by getting more out of existing hardware
* Deduplication of virtual machine backups in Microsoft® Hyper-V™, Citrix® XenServer™ and VMware environments
* Virtualization support enhancements including a new 1-step granular file recovery process that helps achieve better asset optimization and saves time and resources in VMware vSphere™ 4 and ESX, as well as Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2008 environments
* Certification of virtual machine backups from Citrix XenServer environments
* Integrated SRM capabilities that help track and report on physical and virtual storage components to improve IT efficiencies with better oversight and proactive problem avoidance
* A Business Intelligence Dashboard that provides a graphical display of historical and recent activity in the backup infrastructure to help administrators proactively improve performance and reliability
* Enhanced dashboard reporting including backup status and virtual machine recovery points in VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V and Citrix XenServer environments
* Ability to verify the recoverability of backed up data (including deduplicated backups) as part of a tested DR strategy
* Password management capabilities for encryption keys that boost both testing and speed of data recovery by helping ensure passwords are not lost and encrypted data can be unlocked
* Integration of Windows® authentication into the audit and role management process, strengthening control and simplifying administration of user access to backup resources
“CA has taken CA ARCserve Backup to the front of the pack with this new release,” said Edward A. Eades, senior systems integrator for a midsized financial institution. “It will help us meet some of our most daunting challenges with leaps in the power and simplicity of deployment, configuration, GUI and reporting. SRM capabilities, support for Microsoft Hyper-V and dedupe are huge―we expect to leverage them to improve efficiency and save us a large amount of money.”
CA XOsoft High Availability r12.5 and CA XOsoft Replication r12.5
CA XOsoft Replication and CA XOsoft High Availability software provide both business continuity and disaster recovery capabilities through the integration of application-aware replication, continuous data protection (CDP), manual, scheduled and automated failover and non-disruptive, automated disaster recovery testing. These capabilities help ensure the protection and recoverability of business-critical applications, files, emails and databases in both physical and virtual environments.
CA XOsoft Replication and CA XOsoft High Availability are robust business continuity and disaster recovery solutions that integrate application-aware replication, continuous data protection (CDP), automated failover and non-disruptive, automated disaster recovery testing to help ensure the protection and recoverability of business-critical applications, files, emails and databases servers in physical and virtual environments.
Highlights of the new features include:
* Virtualization Enhancements including High Availability for VMware vCenter Server™ and single-instance host-level replication for Microsoft Hyper-V that help extend the efficiencies of virtual environments
* Certification of virtual machine replication and failover for Citrix, XenServer and Citrix Essentials™
* Windows® System State Protection and Windows® Registry Synchronization provide operating system protection and recovery efficiency
* Replication for UNIX and Linux environments, offering broader protection via a single, comprehensive solution for heterogeneous environments.
* Replication and High Availability for Microsoft Office SharePoint® 2007
* High Availability for the CA XOsoft Control Services to help ensure CA XOsoft system manageability
* Automated DR Testing is now included with both CA XOsoft products, at no additional cost, providing the critical ability to proactively verify the availability of the failover system with no impact to the production environment
* 64-bit native engine for x86 to x64 replication and migration
* Localization and translation into French, German, Italian, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese (simplified and traditional) and Japanese for world-wide use.
“We already rely on CA XOsoft Replication to provide business continuity during unplanned outages―it has performed flawlessly when battletested,” said Joe Whipple, network administrator for KEMBA Financial Credit Union. “By eliminating a single point of failure and providing better bandwidth and process utilization, the new release is even more dependable and should save us money in hardware upgrade costs through more efficient use of both our physical and virtual servers.”
The numerous enhancements to CA Recovery Management offer customers tremendous business value in safeguarding data stored on diverse physical and virtual environments, both locally and in remote offices.
“In challenging economic times, IT needs to meet recovery management objectives in a cost-effective and efficient manner,” said, Greg Kirchoff, director, Global Partner Team at Microsoft Corp. “CA continues to innovate and deliver solutions that provide value and fulfill these evolving requirements across key Microsoft physical and virtual environments, including Windows Server® 2008 with Hyper-V technology and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007.”
On April 29, CA will be hosting a Recovery Management Virtual Showcase that will provide information about the new versions of CA ARCserve Backup and CA XOsoft products, CA’s SaaS Recovery Management solution and their importance in the market. The event will include leading storage industry expert presentations on topics including data deduplication, server virtualization and disaster recovery. For more information including a full agenda and showcase registration, visit CA’s Virtual Showcase Homepage.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.