HP ProCurve Expands Security Portfolio to Address Firewall and Intrusion Prevention Markets
PALO ALTO, Calif., HP ProCurve today announced the expansion of its security portfolio with firewall and intrusion prevention offerings that lower costs and reduce the complexity of security infrastructure deployments.
As part of the HP ProCurve ProActive Defense security portfolio, HP is introducing the new HP ProCurve Threat Management Services Module, which provides firewall, virtual private network (VPN) and intrusion prevention (IPS) functionality. This multifunction security module eliminates the need for a separate appliance by physically integrating into the HP ProCurve 8212 and 5400 series switches.
HP also unveiled a new version of the HP ProCurve Manager Plus product suite, designed to help businesses secure and simplify network management. HP ProCurve Manager Plus allows businesses of all sizes to prevent security breaches by centrally managing user access for both wired and wireless networks.
“Customers are able to reduce overall security costs while simplifying the complexity of network security with HP ProCurve’s switch and mobility products,” said Mauricio Sanchez, chief security architect, HP ProCurve. “These new security solutions help customers secure their businesses by effectively managing and securing their networks.”
The HP ProCurve ProActive Defense network security strategy provides customers security solutions that can adapt to users, applications and changing business environments. ProActive Defense secures customer networks by combining pre-emptive techniques including comprehensive access control with innovative defensive methods such as automated threat detection.
HP ProCurve Threat Management Services Module
The HP ProCurve Threat Management Services Module protects networks, servers and data in transit through firewall, IPS and VPN capabilities. This solution also integrates with HP ProCurve’s existing wireless IPS solution to provide threat management services across wired and wireless networks, supported by the ProCurve Lifetime Warranty.(1)
The HP ProCurve Threat Management Services Module also provides a cost-effective option for customers looking to compartmentalize their campus environments into multiple zones for compliance purposes.
Network visibility and security management suite
The HP ProCurve Manager Plus 3.0 management platform enables customers to map, configure and monitor wired and wireless networks. The platform offers a single pane view of network-wide management control, allowing customers to securely add, customize and restrict network management access to users.
Additional management features include updates of the HP ProCurve Manager Plus 3.0 security suite:
* ProCurve Mobility Manager 3.0 – Provides visualization capabilities to plan, deploy, manage and report a wireless local area network (WLAN). It also predicts the area of radio frequency coverage and offers the ability to monitor WLAN infrastructure and rogue access points across the network.
* Network Immunity Manager 2.0 – Provides a rich toolset to manage internal network threat detection and response in a wired and wireless network environment. It also provides central management of the HP ProCurve Threat Management Services Module.
* Identity Driven Manager 3.0 – Gives network administrators the ability to dynamically provision network access to meet business policies as users and devices connect to the network.
Pricing and availability(2)
* Threat Management Services zl Module (Firewall/VPN): $16,999
* Threat Management Services zl Module with one-year
IPS subscription service bundle (Firewall/VPN/IPS): $19,599
* Three-year IPS subscription/renewal: $9,399
* ProCurve Manager Plus 3.0 50-device license upgrade: $1,499
* ProCurve Mobility Manager 3.0 SW 50-device license: $1,999
* Network Immunity Manager 2.0 50-device base license: $8,699
* Identity Driven Manager v3 500 User License: $5,499
All products will be available May 1.
Additional information and pricing is available at www.procurve.com/security.
About HP ProCurve Networking
As part of the HP Technology Solutions Group, HP ProCurve is the Network of Choice for best-in-class solutions, products and services for wired and wireless networks.
HP ProCurve was positioned in the Leaders quadrant in research and advisory firm Gartner Inc.’s 2008 Magic Quadrant Report for Global Campus LANs and is a worldwide leader in Ethernet switch market revenue and ports according to Dell’Oro Group.
More information about HP ProCurve is available at http://www.procurve.com/.
HP, the world’s largest technology company, simplifies the technology experience for consumers and businesses with a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) For as long as a product is owned, with next-business-day advance replacement (available in most countries). The following hardware products and their related series modules have a one-year hardware warranty with extensions available: HP ProCurve Routing Switch 9300m series, HP ProCurve Switch 8100fl series, HP ProCurve Network Access Controller 800 and HP ProCurve DCM Controller. The following hardware mobility products have a one-year hardware warranty with extensions available: HP ProCurve M111 Client Bridge, HP ProCurve MSM3xx-R Access Points, HP ProCurve MSM7xx Mobility and Access Controllers, HP ProCurve RF Manager IDS/IPS Systems, HP ProCurve MSM Power Supplies, HP ProCurve 1 Port Power Injector and HP ProCurve CNMS Appliances. Disk drives in the HP ProCurve ONE Services zl modules have a five-year hardware warranty. Standalone software, upgrades or licenses may have a different warranty duration. For details, refer to the ProCurve Software License, Warranty and Support booklet at www.procurve.com/warranty.
(2) Estimated U.S list prices. Actual prices may vary.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance or market share relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the achievement of expected operational and financial results; and other risks that are described in HP’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including but not limited to HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2008. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.