AT&T Launches Podcast Series with Advice on Keeping Applications Tuned Up
Subject Matter Experts Say Now is the Time to Prepare for Economic Recovery
Dallas, Texas, Even in challenging economic times, businesses need to keep mission-critical applications finely tuned. In fact, steps taken today to maintain applications can position a company for opportunities when the economy rebounds.
That’s the message behind “Application Upkeep in a Down Market,” a series of podcasts from AT&T* offering tips and best practices for keeping applications operating at peak efficiency even in tough economic times. The podcasts feature conversations with experts from the AT&T Hosting and Application Services group who share their insights into what management tools and tactics can be applied to enhance the effectiveness and performance of those applications anywhere, anytime, to any device.
“It’s understandable that many businesses are keenly focused on what they need to do today to manage costs down, but smart business leaders also must look to the future,” said Steve Mucchetti, Vice President, AT&T Hosting and Application Services. “That’s why we are inviting them to listen to our podcast series and hear practical advice on what they can do today to best position their business for opportunities tomorrow.”
The Application Upkeep podcasts are:
* Spend Management: AT&T’s Bill Scott explains how simple upkeep tasks and strategic upgrades can boost controls and compliance, improve supply chain efficiencies, enhance payment processing and lower support and maintenance costs.
* SAP®: Mike Atkinson of AT&T explains how maintaining SAP applications can help manage cash flow, improve customer loyalty and take costs out of supply chains.
* PeopleSoft: AT&T’s Paul Rombach discusses how effective management of PeopleSoft applications can streamline business processes and give companies a better handle on how their businesses are running.
* Messaging and Collaboration: The biggest driver for improving customer responsiveness is an organization’s ability to harness and deliver the knowledge that its information workers hold. Hosted by Sudeep Trivedi of AT&T.
* Oracle®: Paul Rombach, describes how companies that maintain and upgrade their Oracle E-Business Suite can lower costs and improve business visibility by focusing on the areas of workflow processes, shelfware, business intelligence, strategic sourcing and Governance, Risk and Compliance.
* eCommerce: When every dollar counts, companies can’t afford to cut corners that will negatively impact an online shopper’s experience. Hosted by AT&T’s Kate Clark.
In addition to the podcasts, the Application Upkeep series also provides an on-demand Webcast titled “Lowering the TCO for Business Applications” hosted by Paul Hamerman of Forrester Research and Michael Rulf, Executive Director – Product Development, AT&T Hosting and Application Services.
The podcasts can be found at http://www.business.att.com/enterprise/online_campaign/ application_management_upkeep_campaign/.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T, Inc.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) is a premier communications holding company. Its subsidiaries and affiliates, AT&T operating companies, are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. Among their offerings are the world’s most advanced IP-based business communications services, the nation’s fastest 3G network and the best wireless coverage worldwide, and the nation’s leading high speed Internet access and voice services. In domestic markets, AT&T is known for the directory publishing and advertising sales leadership of its Yellow Pages and YELLOWPAGES.COM organizations, and the AT&T brand is licensed to innovators in such fields as communications equipment. As part of their three-screen integration strategy, AT&T operating companies are expanding their TV entertainment offerings. In 2009, AT&T again ranked No. 1 in the telecommunications industry on FORTUNE® magazine’s list of the World’s Most Admired Companies. Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.