Dow Showcases Innovative Technologies at In-Cosmetics
Featured Technologies Highlight the Best of Dow and Rohm and Haas.
The Dow Chemical Company (Dow) announced today that it will showcase a variety of innovative technologies designed to enhance the performance and sensory properties of hair care, skin care and sun care products as part of its “Something Beautiful is Growing” theme at this week’s In-Cosmetics trade show in Munich, Germany.
The “Something Beautiful is Growing” theme signals there is much more to come while giving customers a first look at the broad range of solutions the combined business will bring. “While Dow and Rohm and Haas will have separate stands at In-Cosmetics this year, customers can rest assured that we will be one face to the market going forward, focused on meeting our customers’ needs,” said Eunice Heath, general manager for household and personal care at Dow. “Our transformation will continue over the next several months as we combine the best of both companies to better serve the personal care and household industries.”
Solutions from Dow to be showcased during In-Cosmetics include:
* ACUDYNE™ Hair Fixatives – The Untold Story of Hold and Shine: Presented as an Innovation Seminar , Andrea Keenan, senior scientist, will discuss the use of ACUDYNE products as film formers and styling aids to provide all-day durable hold, style control, and lasting shine for a variety of hair types without the use of silicone additives.
* Excellent Styling Performance with ACUDYNE™ Hair Fixatives and ACULYN™ Rheology Modifiers: These products can be used together to create hair gels that provide outstanding hold, humidity resistance, and a clean, non-sticky feel without flaking. Visitors are invited to visit Stand #C440 in Hall 1 to explore the new ACULYN Texture Curve Test Kit for the ultimate versatility in hair gel texture and to comb the hair tresses on display to see the difference firsthand.
* Multifunctional Skin Care Products with the SatinFX™ Delivery System: An award-winning, easy-to-use technology, SatinFX enables the encapsulation of both hydrophobic and hydrophilic ingredients in a variety of skin care products such as lotions, creams and gels. The SatinFX Delivery System helps to address formulators’ need to improve the stability and delivery of active ingredients, in response to consumers’ demand for more effective, multifunctional skin care products.
* Smart Formulation Tool for OPULYN™ Opacifiers : This new, web-based interactive tool guides visitors through a short series of questions to determine which OPULYN product will best meet their requirements, for a simple, fast and accurate way to accelerate product formulation development.
* SolTerra™ Boost Inorganic UV Booster: First introduced to the market in November 2008 at In-Cosmetics Asia, SolTerra Boost enables formulators to dramatically increase the sun protection factor (SPF) of sun care products, using only inorganic ultraviolet (UV) absorbers such as zinc oxide and titanium dioxide. SolTerra Boost is derived from cellulose, a natural, renewable ingredient, and doesn’t negatively impact the viscosity or aesthetics of formulations.
In addition to the solutions listed above, Dow will promote a broad range of ingredients and technologies at the show, including conditioning polymers, deposition aids, SPF boosters, humectants and emollients, neutralizers and buffers, thickeners and rheology modifiers, and more. Visit Dow at Stand #C440 in Hall A1 and Stand #G600 in Hall A2 to learn more about its expanded portfolio.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.