AT&T Unveils New Retail Store in Royal Oak
New Interactive Store Design Brings AT&T’s Products and Services to Life
Royal Oak, Michigan.- AT&T* today announced the opening of the recently relocated retail store in Royal Oak, unveiling a unique way to experience and shop for an array of communications and entertainment services. The store features a state-of-the-art, hands-on retail design that engages customers.
Located at 30252 Woodward Avenue, the 3,000-square-foot store is larger and more expansive than the traditional AT&T layout and features several new retail concepts. The store is part of an ongoing transition from a wireless-centric space to a high-energy retail format that showcases AT&T’s complete portfolio. AT&T’s advanced products and services, such as the exclusive BlackBerry® Bold™ and AT&T Advanced TV services including U-VerseSM, are all featured under one roof.
“This new store design completely encompasses what AT&T is all about. Customers are able to test-drive our products and services, all in one convenient location,” said Brian Ducharme, vice president and general manager, AT&T Michigan. “Our goal is to make our customers’ in-store experience as pleasant as possible and that begins with a convenient store location, layout and knowledgeable staff.”
The new retail layout encourages customer interaction with several experience stations located throughout the store. The stations showcase AT&T’s extensive communications and entertainment portfolio of wireless, broadband and next-generation television products and services, including:
* AT&T Advanced TV. Customers can watch AT&T U-verse TV and AT&T | DIRECTV service demonstrations on High Definition (HD) plasma televisions, test-drive both the Web and Mobile Remote Access features, experience expansive HD programming and view unique AT&T U-verse TV features like Weather On Demand, YELLOWPAGES.COM TV and the customizable AT&T U-bar.
* AT&T Home Connections. Customers can browse the Internet by using AT&T
Wi-Fi services, customize AT&T Yahoo! home page portals and test AT&T Remote Monitoring on their wireless phones through remote cameras set up in the store.
* Entertainment and Style. Customers can access all of AT&T’s music offerings from Napster Mobile®, iTunes, eMusic Mobile, MusicID, Pandora and XM Radio Mobile™ on wireless phones, Bluetooth® headphones and Bluetooth external speakers. Customers can also transfer songs via a laptop or mobile phone. For the gamers, AT&T experts will show customers how to download games to wireless phones and laptops at this station.
* Productivity Solutions. Geared toward road warriors, on-the-go customers and small business owners, this front-of-store station will include wireless phones, PDAs, smartphones, as well as GPS and Bluetooth accessories. Customers can learn about AT&T Mobile Banking, how to access e-mail and Microsoft® applications on devices, and how to use multimedia messaging and photo- and video-sharing capabilities.
* Talk, Text and Browse. Customers can browse the latest, coolest GoPhone® and Push To Talk devices, and test drive AT&T’s quick messaging mobile phones that are designed to make messaging faster and easier than ever before.
AT&T offers the nation’s fastest 3G network according to recent data compiled by leading independent wireless research firms. AT&T’s wireless network is based on GSM (Global System for Mobile Communications) technologies, the most open and widely used wireless network platform in the world. As a result, only AT&T can offer 3G data roaming in more than 70 countries, as well as voice calling in more than 200 countries, in addition to AT&T’s continuous 3G expansion in the U.S. AT&T’s 3G network is now available in nearly 350 U.S. major metropolitan areas.
AT&T operates more than 60 AT&T-owned retail locations in Michigan. AT&T’s products and services are also available at a number of other authorized dealers and national retail locations.
The Royal Oak store is open Monday thru Friday, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., Saturday, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., and Sunday, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. For more information, visit www.att.com.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.