Nokia announces creation of Forum Nokia Champion reward program in recognition of outstanding individual mobile applications developers
Forum Nokia recognition and reward program focuses on individuals distinguished by their skill and dedication to advancing mobile application development around the globe
February 09, 2006, Espoo, Finland - Nokia (NYSE:NOK) today announced the creation of Forum Nokia Champion, an exciting new recognition and reward program designed acknowledge the best and brightest among individual mobile applications developers for their high level of skill as developers and their devotion to advancing mobile applications development worldwide.
Membership in the Forum Nokia Champion recognition and reward program is by invitation only and selection is based upon developers’ extensive knowledge of Nokia platforms and related technologies and applications, as well as their level of participation in Forum Nokia, the world’s largest dedicated mobile developer community, with more than 2 million members worldwide. Forum Nokia Champion membership is granted for a period of one year to outstanding independent mobile applications developers and individual employees of developer companies. Forum Nokia will invite new members to this reward program every six months.
Forum Nokia Champion seeks to recognize individual developers, regardless of their employment by or affiliation with a developer company - everyone from academics to freelance developers, from independent mobile industry gurus to corporate IT employees. Enriching and expanding upon Nokia’s ongoing support for the Forum Nokia developer community, Forum Nokia Champion serves as an individual reward and recognition counterpart to the annual recognition of developer companies through the Forum Nokia PRO Awards program.
Forum Nokia Champion membership provides global recognition to leading individual developers, allowing them to use the Forum Nokia Champion title and qualifier professionally for the term of their membership and showcasing their achievements as Forum Nokia Champions through forum.nokia.com and Forum Nokia newsletters. Likewise, Forum Nokia Champion events twice-yearly will give members the opportunity to meet Nokia experts and fellow Champions to exchange ideas and views on developer issues. Champion membership also includes access to Nokia sponsored select technical services, invitations to select Forum Nokia events and trainings, as well as access to the Forum Nokia Champion extranet, where honorees are able to learn how to take advantage of various membership benefits.
Among the first group of inductees into the Forum Nokia Champion program are individuals who have distinguished themselves in diverse areas of mobile applications development, including:
- Li Yong Fei - Mr. Li is an accomplished C\C++ and Java programmer active in Forum Nokia discussion boards related to Chinese Development and Symbian, and a project manager for Wuhan MainTop Technology Development Co., Ltd., Wuhan, China.
- Luis Henrique Albinati Jr. - A recent graduate from Brazil’s National Institute of Telecommunications, Mr. Albinati is a bluetooth midlet development specialist and contributed to Brazil’s Sinapse I.T. Solutions’ AoW project, a Bluetooth solution for communication between a Nokia S60 device and desktop application.
- Nathan Eagle - A Postdoctoral Fellow at MIT’s Media Lab, Dr. Eagle is the creator of the Reality Mining initiative, which applies artificial intelligence techniques on data collected from S60 handsets. He is active in S60 related research activities and knowledge sharing in international seminars, conferences, events and trainings. His research has been spun out into MetroSpark, a mobile matchmaking start-up.
- Göran Sander - Director of business development for Sweden’s Synergenix, a 3D Symbian game developer and publisher and Forum Nokia PRO member, Mr. Sander is one of the world’s leading authorities on 3D mobile gaming and a regular participant in conferences and meetings dedicated to mobile entertainment where he provides feedback on Nokia platforms, phones and technical issues.
“We are very excited to introduce this first group of Forum Nokia Champion developers in recognition of their outstanding talent and dedication to advancing mobile applications development around the globe,” said Lee Epting, vice president, Forum Nokia. “Through the Champion program, Forum Nokia continues to expand its support for global mobile applications development by honoring the leading individual applications developers from around the world and duly recognizing their important contribution to the mobile industry.”
More information on the Forum Nokia Champion reward and recognition program may be obtained and nominations of outstanding individual mobile applications developers for membership in the program are currently being accepted online at: www.forum.nokia.com/forumnokiachampion.
Nokia at 3GSM World Congress mobile site
Get important Nokia and Forum Nokia information on your mobile phone with the Nokia at 3GSM World Congress mobile site! To get a link to the site, simply send an SMS containing “3GSM” to +358407799890.
Or, enter nokia.mobi/3gsm on your mobile phone’s browser.
About Forum Nokia
Nokia’s global developer program, Forum Nokia connects developers to tools, technical information, support, and distribution channels they can use to build and market applications around the globe. From offices in the U.S., Europe, Japan, China, and Singapore, Forum Nokia provides technical and business development support to developers and operators to assist them in achieving their goal of successfully launching applications and services to consumers and enterprises. More information is available at www.forum.nokia.com.
Nokia is the world leader in mobile communications, driving the growth and sustainability of the broader mobility industry. Nokia is dedicated to enhancing people’s lives and productivity by providing easy-to-use and secure products like mobile phones, and solutions for imaging, games, media, mobile network operators and businesses. Nokia is a broadly held company with listings on five major exchanges.
- Contact Information
- Charles Chopp
- Corporate Communications - Global Developer Program
- Nokia, Americas
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.