2009 JavaOne Conference Schedule Unveiled
Intel Signs on as a Platinum Sponsor, JBoss and Sony Ericsson Sign On As Cosponsors
SANTA CLARA, Calif. - Sun Microsystems, Inc. (NASDAQ: JAVA) today announced the 2009 JavaOne conference schedule, which includes approximately 330 sessions over the four days of the event. Details on hands-on-labs, Birds-of-a-Feather, and technical sessions are now available at: http://java.sun.com/javaone/sf/sessions.jsp. Developers can also subscribe to the JavaOne conference RSS feed at: http://developers.sun.com/rss/javaone.xml to obtain headline news, announcements, and the latest conference information.
Members of the Java community, along with some of the top Java technology experts at Sun, have developed this year’s Conference program. Visit: http://java.sun.com/javaone/2009/pdfs/09J1_ACG_Prospect.pdf to download the 2009 JavaOne Advance Conference Guide and get details on more than 200 technical sessions, more than 100 BOFs, as well as information on the Hands-on Labs and the Java University program. Information on attendee registration, is available at: http://java.sun.com/javaone/sf/registration.jsp.
Some of the accepted sessions include:
* Cloud Computing: Show Me the Money - Jeff Barr, Amazon.com; Jeff Collins, Intuit; Adam Gross, Salesforce.com, Inc.; Simon Guest, Microsoft; Gregor Hohpe, Google, Inc.; Raghavan Srinivas, Intuit; Lew Tucker, Sun Microsystems, Inc.
* Java in Brazilian Digital TV: Interactivity and Digital Inclusion on TV - Magno Cavalcante, Petrobras; Clayton Chagas, Brazilian Army Research Center
* A Music Visualizer with the Java Media Framework API and JavaFX Technology - Lucas Jordan, EffectiveUI
* The Modular Java Platform and Project Jigsaw - Mark Reinhold, Sun Microsystems, Inc.
* Securing Web and Service-Oriented Architectures with Apache Axis, WSS4J, Spring, and OpenLDAP - Shawn McKinney, Fidelity National Information Services
* Exploiting Concurrency with Dynamic Languages - Tobias Ivarsson, Neo Technology
* Web 2.0 Phone Home: Rapid Development of Telecom-Enabled Web Applications - Gregory Bond and Thomas Smith, AT&T Labs Research
In addition, the Advance Conference Guide contains information on all the companies who are exhibiting in the JavaOne Pavilion. Platinum cosponsor Intel, and cosponsors JBoss and Sony Ericsson, as well as a large and growing number of exhibitors, have already signed on to participate in this year’s Pavilion. Companies wishing to exhibit at the 2009 JavaOne conference can get additional information at: http://java.sun.com/javaone/sf/how_to_exhibit.jsp.
About 2009 JavaOne Conference
Located at the Moscone Center in San Francisco June 2 - 5, the JavaOne Conference is the definitive venue to highlight the latest implementations, innovations and success stories in Java technology, scripting languages, Rich Internet Applications (RIAs), cloud computing, open source and more. Attendees can get hands-on experience, network with their peers, and have the opportunity to connect with technology experts and industry leaders.
For more information about the JavaOne conference, visit http://java.sun.com/javaone view updates on Twitter: http://java.sun.com/javaone/2009/twitter.jspr; visit the JavaOne Facebook fan page at: http://www.facebook.com/pages/JavaOne-Conference/48462650317 or download the JavaOne Facebook widget: http://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=71272477268.
About 2009 CommunityOne West
This year the CommunityOne West conference is taking place in conjunction with the JavaOne conference. CommunityOne offers numerous sessions on free and open-source software (FOSS) technologies and tools. Visit: http://developers.sun.com/events/communityone/2009/west/index.jsp for more information and to register for CommunityOne West.
About Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Sun Microsystems develops the technologies that power the global marketplace. Guided by a singular vision -- “The Network is the Computer” -- Sun drives network participation through shared innovation, community development and open source leadership. Sun can be found in more than 100 countries and on the Web at http://sun.com.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.