GOODVIBES.COM Announces Erotic Film Festival and National Tour
Celebrate Independent Erotic Filmmakers!
Good Vibrations Announces IXFF: The Second Coming Tour
The Independent Erotic Film Festival Goes on the Road
SAN FRANCISCO (April 10, 2009) – Good Vibrations (www.goodvibes.com), the legendary San Francisco-based company that takes pride in providing accurate information on sexuality and toys for grown-ups, is proud to announce IXFF: The Second Coming Tour, a national road show of the Independent Erotic Film Festival’s best shorts.
Debuting in 2006 as the Good Vibrations Amateur Erotic Film Competition at San Francisco’s historic Castro Theatre, the competition became a full-fledged Film Festival in 2008 with national and international shorts rounding out the winning entries.
This Spring, Good Vibrations is selecting the very best of past entries from its Independent Erotic Film Festival (IXFF) and taking it on the road as The Second Coming Tour. Indie filmmakers share their interpretation of erotic with sexy shorts (ten minutes or less) ranging from smutty to arty and comedic to serious.
Each night of erotic cinema begins with a brief History of Porn by Good Vibrations Staff Sexologist and Chief Cultural Officer, Dr. Carol Queen, PhD. An entertaining sex educator, author and activist, Dr. Queen will provide an educational, historic, and cultural examination of an era gone by, illuminating its inception and development.
IXFF2 - THE SECOND COMING TOUR
San Francisco Kick-Off
San Francisco, CA – Center for Sex and Culture, May 2, 2009
The Tropic Heat Tour
Pahoa, HI – Kalani Oceanside Retreat Village, May 15, 2009
Kailua Kona, HI – My Bar, May 16 , 2009
The Roll in the Hay Tour
Madison, WI - Majestic Theatre, May 19, 2009
Cleveland, OH – Cedar Lee Theatre, May 20, 2009
The Giddy-Up Girlfriend Tour
Austin, TX – Alamo Drafthouse Cinema, Lake Creek, May 26, 2009
New Orleans, LA – One Eyed Jack’s, May 27, 2009
IXFF Second Coming Featured Films and Awards
· Phil Loves S.F. by D. Irene Catempa Milder and Philip Walter Darnowsky, Most Creative and People’s Choice, 2008
· Narcisisster’s Self-Gratifier by Narcissister, Best Use of a Sex Toy, 2008
· Ghost Bustanut by Lance Raynor, Superior Filmmaking, 2008
· Placeres by Spanish filmmaker, Sico, 2008
· Yum by Sadie Lune, People’s Choice, 2007
· Men by Travis Mathews, Most Creative, 2007
· Private Pleasures by Laura Costantino, 2007
· Writers & Rockstars by Madison Young, 2007
· Super Balls by Jeff Jacobson, 2007
· Morphina by Cory Wees, 1st Place, 2006
· Fuck I Wanna Fuck by Max Royale, 2nd Place, 2006
· Come Cry With Me by Christopher Fell and Joey Ereneta, 3rd Place, 2006
Visit http://www.gv-ixff.org for the most up-to-date information.
IXFF FILM FESTIVAL 2009
Good Vibrations is still accepting film submissions for their upcoming festival debuting in San Francisco on August 20, 2009. All entrants must submit their films by June 30, 2009 to Good Vibrations IXFF. Films may be submitted in person or by mail, attention: C. Lombard, to the Good Vibrations Home Office:
934 Howard Street, San Francisco, CA 94103
or any Good Vibrations store:
· 603 Valencia Street, San Francisco, CA, 94110
· 1620 Polk Street, San Francisco, CA, 94109
· 2504 San Pablo Avenue, Berkeley, CA, 94702
· 308-A Harvard Street, Brookline, MA, 02446
About Good Vibrations
Good Vibrations is the San Francisco-based retailer trusted for more than three decades to provide a comfortable, safe environment for finding sex-positive products and educational materials to enhance one’s sex life. Good Vibrations offers products through its website (www.goodvibes.com) and its retail stores:
- Contact Information
- Nicole Evje
- Good Vibrations
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.