CA Security Management Business Leader Dave Hansen to Deliver Keynote at RSA Conference 2009
Hansen to Discuss, Demonstrate “The Transformation of Identity and Access Management”
ISLANDIA, N.Y. – CA, Inc. (NASDAQ: CA) today announced that Dave Hansen, CA corporate senior vice president and general manager of CA’s Security Management business unit, will deliver a keynote speech at the RSA Conference on Thursday, April 23 at 4:30 p.m. PT in the Moscone Center, San Francisco.
In his address entitled “The Transformation of Identity and Access Management,” Hansen will discuss how data loss disasters are driving the need for deeper protection, and how provisioning needs to get “smarter” to minimize risk of data misuse. He will demonstrate how the integration and convergence of various security technologies, such as Data Loss Prevention and role management, is transforming identity and access management into the most critical security solution for risk management and information-centric security.
Other CA Activity at the RSA Conference 2009
Please visit CA at booth 1533 in the exhibit hall where attendees will see first-hand how CA is integrating solutions for Identity and Access Management (IAM), Security Information Management (SIM) and Internet Security.
CA also will participate in the following conference sessions:
* “Harnessing the Power of Digital Identity: 2009 and the Promising Road Ahead,” Monday, April 20, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. PT. This one-day workshop is sponsored by the Concordia Project, DataPortability Project, the Information Card Foundation, Liberty Alliance, the OpenID Foundation and OSIS. Matthew Gardiner, who represents CA on Liberty Alliance’s board, and a spokesperson from Intel, will discuss federation and examine Intel’s SAML-centric case study.
* “Lessons Learned – Succeeding with Identity and Access Management at Enbridge: Start with the Business – Not IT,” Tuesday, April 21, 4:10 p.m. PT in Orange 130. CA customer Mark Thompson, director, IT Planning and Governance, Enbridge, Inc., will discuss how identity and access management at Enbridge, an oil and gas transportation company, was transformed from an IT initiative to became a collaborative business initiative.
* “Application Whitelisting and Blacklisting: Competitive or Complementary?” on Wednesday, April 22 at 9:10 a.m. PT in Purple 304. Brian Grayek, CA vice president of product management, will participate in this panel and discuss whitelisting and blacklist-based products and debate which will become the primary defense against malware.
* “Redefining Physical Boundaries – IAM Aspects of Virtual Environments,” Thursday, April 23, at 9:10 a.m. PT in Purple 301. Nimrod Vax, CA product manager, will discuss a new set of identity, access and auditing problems and security risks that have been introduced with the adoption of virtualized environments. He will address what measures can be taken against them.
* “Lessons Learned from IAM Deployments Across the Globe,” Friday, April 24, at 11:20 a.m. PT in Purple 301. Kevin Murphy, CA senior services architect, will discuss the results of an extensive, three-year study across all of CA’s identity management deployments, and reveal deployment practices that worked, what to avoid, and techniques that help companies succeed.
CA (NASDAQ: CA) is the world’s leading independent IT management software company. With CA’s Enterprise IT Management (EITM) vision and expertise, organizations can more effectively govern, manage and secure IT to optimize business performance and sustain competitive advantage. For more information, visit www.ca.com.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.