Dell Unveils Unique Healthcare and Life Sciences Social Media Site at HIMSS
* Dell Asks Healthcare Customers and Partners What They Need to Reduce IT Costs and Complexity
Dell IdeaStorm for Healthcare and Life Sciences launched today at HIMSS to encourage collaboration and idea sharing in the healthcare and IT communities on how to improve the delivery, efficiency and quality of healthcare using IT. IdeaStorm community members will share and vote on ideas. Dell will use the input to expand its healthcare solutions.
* Dell launches a new social media community site called IdeaStorm for Healthcare and Life Sciences , to encourage ideas, feedback and conversations with its Healthcare customers. Ideas submitted and rated highly by customers will influence future products and services offered by Dell worldwide.
* The way people connect and communicate is changing, and changing the world. Dell intends to collaborate with and be part of the thriving healthcare online community to help simplify healthcare IT solutions. Dell is encouraging suggestions and ideas to improve IT productivity and IT products and services that will simplify processes, reduce complexity, save time and reduce costs for the Healthcare and Life Sciences sector.
* Dell’s conversation starter on the site simply asks, “Give us your ideas on how to improve the efficiency of healthcare using IT solutions.”
* Dell’s IdeaStorm for Healthcare and Life Sciences is based on its original IdeaStorm site. Since IdeaStorm’s launch in February 2007, the online community has submitted over 11,000 ideas, 300 of which Dell has implemented including Linux systems for consumers and new features on the company’s new Latitude e-series laptops.
Dr. James Coffin, vice president and general manager, Dell Healthcare and Life Sciences:
“IdeaStorm for Healthcare and Life Sciences will help us better understand our healthcare customers and serve their needs during a time when healthcare organizations are under pressure to serve more people and reduce their costs. On IdeaStorm, they’ll tell us how we can help them do that.”
Vida Killan, IdeaStorm Community Manager:
“IdeaStorm was launched in February 2007 to encourage ideas, feedback and conversations with our customers to influence future products and services offered by Dell. IdeaStorm has been a great success, with more than 11,000 ideas submitted and more than 300 ideas implemented. I’m excited to see new IdeaStorm communities being developed and integrated into the decision- making process of the Healthcare team.”
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.