ADP Named To The 2009 DIVERSITYINC 25 Noteworthy Companies List For Second Consecutive Year
Award Recognizes Company’s Commitment to Diversity
ROSELAND, N.J.- Automatic Data Processing, Inc. (ADP ® ), a leading provider of business outsourcing solutions, has been named one of the “25 Noteworthy Companies” for 2009 by DiversityInc magazine for the second consecutive year. This annual list recognizes companies that demonstrate strength in four areas including CEO Commitment, Human Capital, Corporate and Organizational Communications and Supplier Diversity.
“Our commitment to diversity is essential to creating an engaged workforce that delivers world-class service to our clients,” said Gary Butler, President and CEO, who also chairs ADP’s Executive Diversity Council. “Individual experiences and perspectives will continue to contribute to the growth of ADP.”
The DiversityInc recognition represents ADP’s commitment to creating an inclusive work culture and driving its leading diversity management practices. ADP actively promotes an inclusive work environment with initiatives that include:
* Executive Diversity Council – Chaired by President and CEO Gary Butler, the Council is a group of senior executives who set ADP’s overall diversity direction, and also support and promote ownership of diversity initiatives at every level of the organization.
* Work/Life Benefits – Examples include flexible work arrangements, on-site child care, tuition assistance, on-site passport renewal, and free video conferencing to faraway family members during the holidays.
* Regional Diversity Councils – These councils are charged with driving diversity initiatives such as mentoring, cultural awareness programs, community outreach and ensuring that diversity is a top priority at each ADP company location.
* Support Local and National Organizations – Maintain relationships with influential organizations like Association of Latino Professionals in Finance & Accounting, American Society of Women CPAs, and the National Association of Black Accountants’ Division of Firms.
* Supplier Diversity – Maintains strong, value-added relationships with highly qualified diverse suppliers. ADP is also working to implement a 2nd tier program aimed at encouraging its largest prime suppliers to include and utilize diverse suppliers within their strategic sourcing and procurement process.
“At ADP, we foster a culture that values and encourages diverse ideas and enables our people to reach their full potential,” said Clyde Jones, Vice President and Chief Diversity Officer, ADP. “We are honored that DiversityInc recognizes our commitment to building an inclusive work environment.”
The 25 Noteworthy Companies was determined by a statistical analysis of responses to DiversityInc’s 200-question survey. To view a list of the 25 Noteworthy Companies, visit DiversityInc.com or for further information on ADP’s diversity initiatives visit Diversity Mission.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.