SPSS Inc. Launches Latest Versions of Market-Leading Predictive Analytics Data Mining and Text Analytics Software
SPSS Introduces a Unified and Consistent Naming Standard for its Predictive Analytics Software Portfolio
CHICAGO, SPSS Inc. (Nasdaq: SPSS), the leading global provider of Predictive Analytics software and solutions, today introduced the latest versions of its market-leading1 data mining workbench and text analytics software. PASW Modeler 13 (formerly Clementine) and PASW Text Analytics 13 (formerly Text Mining for Clementine) extend and automate the power of data mining and text analytics to the business user, while significantly enhancing the productivity, flexibility and performance of the expert analyst.
Predictive Analytics Software, PASW, is the new name for the complete portfolio of SPSS Predictive Analytics products. This new naming standard unifies the product families under consistent and descriptive nomenclatures to reflect the broad functionality and seamless integration among all SPSS products.
The entire SPSS software portfolio will carry the PASW naming standard beginning with the releases of PASW Modeler 13 and PASW Text Analytics 13. Over the next year, new naming will be introduced at each release of the other SPSS products, including: PASW Statistics (formerly SPSS Statistics), PASW Data Collection (formerly Dimensions) and PASW Collaboration and Deployment Services (formerly Predictive Enterprise Services).
Jack Noonan, SPSS chairman, president and CEO, said, “SPSS is the only Predictive Analytics vendor to deliver the depth and breadth of software to capture customer feedback, predict behaviors and then act on the results by improving business processes. With important and valued feedback from customers, we have created a new, over-arching product portfolio name that builds on our 40 year legacy of innovation, enhanced performance, and robust deployment capabilities in Predictive Analytics.”
PASW Modeler 13 Sets Standard for Data Mining Functionality
With the global economy mired in a state of uncertainty, commercial, public sector and academic organizations continue to rely on SPSS Predictive Analytics to better manage their business and make more informed decisions that reduce marketing costs, improve customer retention, increase cross-sell/up-sell capabilities or stop fraudulent activity.
PASW Modeler 13 empowers both the business user and expert analyst to quickly and easily leverage all data assets to produce, evaluate and deploy analytical models to solve real business problems.
Mike Kinlaw, manager/lead statistician, CMI Customer Analytics at Amway, a pioneer and leader of the direct-selling industry, said, "SPSS Predictive Analytics has helped Amway’s transformation into a performance-based culture through the development and deployment of predictive models, such as the lifetime value of our Distributors.
“With a simple drag and drop graphical user interface, PASW Modeler 13 allows us to build and validate models quicker and more efficiently to optimize marketing campaigns and improve Distributor retention rates. Also, the seamless integration with the SPSS deployment platform is imperative to automate our model management capabilities and improve productivity.”
Expanding the Power of Predictive Analytics to All Users
Modeler 13 has new and enhanced functionality that simplifies data mining and delivers the power of Predictive Analytics directly to business users. The simple graphical interface quickly takes users through the entire data mining process – from data access and preparation to model deployment.
* Automated Data Preparation simplifies the data mining effort and conditions data in a single step by automatically detecting and correcting quality errors, and imputing missing values. It also provides a report with recommendations on which data to use. For example, if large amounts of data are missing from a data set it will make a “Do not use” recommendation.
* The Comments feature easily allows users to post quick notes directly into the model stream. This is an invaluable collaborative tool for users to communicate detail behind the logic used to create a specific model, or as a reminder to the model creator of how they developed it initially.
Rory Boyle, director at Eltman, Eltman & Cooper, the leading judgment enforcement law firm in the country, said, “Our organization is committed to providing unmatched expertise on debt collections and sought advanced, easy-to-use data mining software to improve cash flows from account selection. PASW Modeler 13 will easily automate the data mining process so we can yield faster, stronger predictive models that allow us to save money and focus finite resources on the most valuable assets.”
Enhanced Productivity, Power and Performance
Expert analysts will benefit from enhancements in automation and appreciate the comprehensive range of new data mining functions within Modeler 13 that speed analysis.
* Auto Cluster gives users a simple way to determine the best cluster algorithm for a particular data set, and is evidence of the commitment to strong auto-modeling capabilities within Modeler 13. This new feature graphically displays the results so users can easily inspect and compare details of the different clusters.
* Complete integration with PASW Statistics, formerly SPSS Statistics, the world’s leading statistical software suite. Now all the Statistics modules and functionality can be used directly within Modeler 13 to conduct statistical analysis without having to switch between applications.
Combine “Unstructured” Data Assets for Better Customer Insight
PASW Text Analytics 13 leverages the critical insights and sentiments locked in unstructured data – including call center notes, open-ended survey responses, blogs and wikis – to improve model accuracy. The new version includes pre-built categories for satisfaction surveys, advanced natural language processing techniques, and more comprehensive language support.
Susan Feldman, IDC’s VP for Search and Discovery Technologies, said, “By extracting concepts, names, sentiment, and other data from unstructured information, text analytics applications like PASW Text Analytics 13 can give organizations a more complete view of their customers, leading to reduced customer churn, improved productivity and increased marketing campaign results.”
* Prebuilt Text Analysis Packages (categories and dictionaries) can be used “out of the box” to save time and can be shared and re-used for specific types of surveys, such as employee, product and customer satisfaction. This feature represents a huge benefit to business users who need to quickly provide easy insight into vast amounts of qualitative data.
* Text Analytics 13 offers a variety of natural language processing techniques such as multi-lingual sentiment extraction and semantic classification to better analyze opinions and categorize any unstructured data, such as surveys or Web 2.0 data.
* For businesses working with unstructured data in different languages around the world, Text Analytics 13 offers analysis in more languagesthrough automated translation powered by Language Weaver. Users who purchase this option can easily and accurately translate data into English for analysis.. The new product supports seven languages natively, and an additional 30 languages
PASW Modeler 13 and PASW Text Analytics 13 are now available from SPSS Inc. by calling 800.543.2185.
About SPSS Inc.
SPSS Inc. (Nasdaq: SPSS) is a leading global provider of predictive analytics software and solutions. The company’s predictive analytics technology improves business processes by giving organizations forward visibility for decisions made every day. By incorporating predictive analytics into their daily operations, organizations become Predictive Enterprises — able to direct and automate decisions to meet business goals and achieve a measurable competitive advantage. More than 250,000 public sector, academic and commercial customers rely on SPSS technology to help increase revenue, reduce costs and detect and prevent fraud. Founded in 1968, SPSS is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois. For additional information, please visit www.spss.com.
This is a dated announcement. The material in this announcement could be superceded by more current announcements.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.