Smarter routing and advanced lane guidance now available on new TomTom ONE and TomTom XL IQ Routes™ editions
Premium technologies included on TomTom ONE and TomTom XL for first time
TomTom, the world’s leading portable navigation solutions provider, today reveals two new versions of the TomTom ONE and TomTom XL – the world’s best-selling portable navigation devices. The TomTom ONE IQ Routes™ and TomTom XL IQ Routes™ bring leading technologies, previously only available on the higher specification TomTom GO* series, to the TomTom ONE and TomTom XL ranges for the first time. In addition, the two new models have been completely revised and feature a high-quality black finish, new user interface and increased European map coverage**. Suggested UK retail prices start from £149.99†.
Corinne Vigreux, managing director of TomTom, said, “The new TomTom ONE and TomTom XL devices strengthen our mid-range product offering considerably, through the combination of first-class navigation and competitive price points. IQ Routes allows drivers to take those routes that only well-informed local drivers would know. It takes away the stress and uncertainty of not knowing where to go or when one might arrive, as well as giving users a faster route in many cases. In addition, advanced lane guidance is an essential safety feature that gives drivers more confidence when dealing with complex junctions.”
Driving with TomTom IQ Routes™
Driving with TomTom IQ Routes ensures users automatically have the most reliable travel and arrival times on their device. Depending on the time of the week or hour of the day drivers plan to set off, the most efficient route will be calculated for that particular moment. It takes into account any factors that can affect or delay drivers’ journeys based on facts derived from years of gathering anonymous historic speed measurements.
TomTom’s advanced lane guidance feature makes navigating difficult or complex junctions, or crossing multiple lanes, easier and safer. It gives drivers timely vocal instructions and clearly indicates which lane or exit to take on the screen of the device, and provides a clear view of the road layout ahead.
Safety Alerts and Fuel Price trial
To help users save money on fuel and potential fines, a free Safety Alerts and Fuel Prices trial is included in the box of the new TomTom ONE and TomTom XL, which gives users access to the most up-to-date safety camera information and latest fuel prices within the UK. Any new updates, including accident black spots, mobile safety camera locations and new fuel prices can be downloaded via TomTom HOME. After the free three-month trial, a one-year subscription is available for £34.95.
In addition to the features above, the new TomTom ONE and TomTom XL devices include:
• new TomTom user menu with clear, bright icons as currently available on the high-end TomTom GO x40 LIVE series
• matching black EasyPort™ mount, which folds flat to fit the whole unit easily into any bag or shirt pocket
• enhanced map coverage including a regional version with Tele Atlas maps of the UK and Ireland, and a European model with Tele Atlas maps of 42 countries**
• TomTom Map Share™ technology, enabling to make instant map corrections on their device and share them with others
• TomTom HOME, the free desktop application, that allows users to keep their devices up-to-date at all times. New maps, safety camera locations or software versions can be downloaded and users can personalise their device by installing and sharing new, fun content such as voices and car icons
• TomTom Help Me! menu and extensive safety features to help in a wide range of circumstances, including direct access to emergency and road-side assistance services
Availability and pricing†
The new TomTom ONE and TomTom XL IQ Routes editions will be available from electrical retailers in the UK from mid April 2009.
TomTom ONE IQ Routes™ edition features a 3.5 inch screen, new black finish and the latest TomTom navigation software. Suggested retail prices† are:
- TomTom ONE IQ Routes UK/Ireland: £149.99
- TomTom ONE IQ Routes Europe: £169.99
TomTom XL IQ Routes™ edition offers all key functionalities of the TomTom ONE and has an extra large 4.3 inch touch screen for improved visibility. Suggested retail prices† are:
- TomTom XL IQ Routes UK/Ireland: £189.99
- TomTom XL IQ Routes Europe: £209.99
Further information on the new TomTom ONE and TomTom XL is available at: http://www.tomtom.com/page/ONE_XL_IQRoutes
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.