Comprehensive IP camera and DVR reference designs from Texas Instruments provide H.264 high profile on a single platform for video security products
Reference designs offer HD video for less than $40 eBOM and significantly reduced development time
HOUSTON . - To answer security designers needs to create advanced surveillance products with less resources, Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NYSE: TXN) announced today two comprehensive and cost-effective reference designs for Internet Protocol (IP) cameras and digital video recorders (DVR). These reference designs, powered by the new TMS320DM365 digital media processor based on DaVinciTM technology, provide high-definition (HD) H.264 in high, main or base profile (D1, 720p @ 30 fps or 1080p at reduced frame rate) with tri-streaming support. They also benefit from TI’s fifth generation Image Signal Processing (ISP) solution, which enables video stabilization, face detection and other video quality enhancements. Additionally, the DVR reference design includes the new TVP5158 video decoder to capture multi-channel video inputs with new advanced features, such as auto contrast and video noise filtering for greater visual quality.
The reference designs offer a cost-effective electronic bill of materials (eBOM) at less than $40 for the IP camera and $60 for the DVR, while also including a full complement of analog ICs, ranging from power management to interface devices from TI. This enables customers to quickly create cost-sensitive products such as IP cameras, IP modules for closed-circuit TV cameras, digital video servers (DVS), DVRs and network video recorders (NVR), reducing development time from approximately 160 man months to only four months (www.ti.com/ipcamerardpr, www.ti.com/dvrrdpr).
IP camera reference design key features and benefits, www.ti.com/ipcamera
* Based on the DM365 digital media processor, which supports HD H.264 in high, main or base profile with D1, 720p @ 30 fps or 1080p at reduced frame rate with tri-streaming support
* Includes a 300 MHz ARM926EJ-STM core that offloads the video encode/decode functions to the integrated HD video accelerators for optimal system performance
* Multi-codec support (H.264, MPEG-4, MPEG-2, VC-1 and MJPEG) provides developers with flexibility and ensures compatibility with legacy codecs, while decreasing design complexity and accelerating time-to-market.
* TI’s on-chip, fifth generation ISP solution eliminates the need for customers to create custom algorithms in-house or purchase expensive optics to achieve high-quality images. It provides video stabilization, face detection, noise filtering, auto white balance, auto focus, auto exposure and edge enhancement, as well as other video quality enhancements for image improvements and added intelligent video processing.
* Integrated hardware connector for seamless connectivity with an ObjectVideo® enabled video analytics daughter card based on the TMS320DM643x digital media processor
* Royalty-free Linux based IP camera application, including source code for customer specific customization and differentiation
* Developed with and available from Appro Photoelectron Inc.
DVR reference design key features and benefits, www.ti.com/dvrrdpr
* In addition to the DM365 processor, the DVR reference design includes TI’s new TVP5158, a multi-channel video decoder with flexible video outputs that removes the need for an external mux FPGA solution, thus reducing system cost.
* DM365 processor executes simultaneous record, playback, live view, storage, streaming and display so that customers do not need to add an additional host processor, thereby further saving on costs and development time.
* Multi-channel support with two D1 or eight CIF channels
* Includes Windows PC-based video management software
* Royalty-free Linux based DVR application, including source code for customer specific customization and differentiation
* Developed with and available from UD Works
Pricing, availability and support
Both reference designs are open for order entry today. The IP camera reference design is available for USD $795 from Appro Photoelectron Inc. The DVR reference design is available for USD $1195 from UD Works.
See demonstrations of the DM365-based IP camera and DVR reference designs, as well as an intelligent TMS320DM355-based IP camera reference design developed with ObjectVideo® and Zero One Technology Ltd. at ISC West, April 1 – 3, Las Vegas, at the Sands Expo and Convention Center. Visit the TI demo pod in the ObjectVideo booth #20069.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.