Dell Further Enhances Customer Choice Through New Distributor Relationships
Agreements With Ingram Micro, Tech Data Provide Accelerated Delivery of Select Dell Systems for Partners, SMBs
In response to feedback from partners, Dell is adding to its fast-growing PartnerDirect program by offering select Dell products to partners and their customers in the United States exclusively through two leading IT distributors.
* Effective today, Dell (Nasdaq: DELL) is offering Vostro desktops and notebooks designed for small and medium businesses (SMBs) through two major distributors in the U.S.: Ingram Micro Inc. (NYSE: IM) and Tech Data Corporation (Nasdaq: TECD). The program will begin in Canada later this year.
* Dell’s distribution agreements represent further development of its global PartnerDirect program, which has more than 35,000 registered partners in 148 countries.
* Through distribution, partners and their customers can now access Dell’s small- and medium-business products even more rapidly.
* Plans are to expand the range of products offered through Ingram Micro and Tech Data in the coming weeks.
* Dell systems available through distributors will be competitively priced with similar products available direct from Dell, giving partners added flexibility in the way they obtain Dell technology for their customers.
* For customers that require more tailored IT solutions via solution providers, Dell continues to offer its full, build-to-order line of computer systems through PartnerDirect.
* “We’ve been making more Dell products available in more ways to more customers around the world, and these new relationships deliver further on that goal, in the process helping partners most effectively meet the needs of their customers, deliver value and grow their businesses,” said Greg Davis, vice president and general manager, Dell’s Global Commercial Channels. “Our partners value Dell’s ability to custom configure IT, but they’re telling us there are times when customers’ needs are more urgent, and this agreement shows our commitment to act on feedback from partners.”
* “Dell is responding to the same input we’ve received from our reseller customers,” said Ken Lamneck, Tech Data’s Americas president. “Resellers have told us there is strong end-user demand for Dell products, and that the easiest, most cost-effective way for them to capitalize on that demand is to source all their IT solutions--including Dell--through Tech Data. All Dell partners doing business with Tech Data will have access to our entire solutions offering and extensive services, including billions in credit capacity, best-in-class e-business tools and technical training.”
* “Dell understands the value Ingram Micro provides solution providers and our ability to drive demand for our partners,” said Keith Bradley, president, Ingram Micro North America. “Through this agreement, our customers receive even greater choice, allowing them access to Dell’s quality products along with Ingram Micro’s respected financial strength, unparalleled selection of complementary products and services, and specialized marketing expertise. We’re looking forward to a long and mutually successful relationship.”
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.