Learn how you can protect your company, employees, customers and assets from the real threat of fire and possible terrorist acts, using new fire suppression technologies.
A revolutionary but simple concept, which exploits the fact that ordinary air with reduced oxygen content, will not allow any normal material to burn.
Draper Ltd (Fire and Security Division) with the co-operation of LPG, are showing a novel and innovative approach to Fire Suppression with the design and installation of Hypoxic fire suppression systems, with the following benefits:
- Total protection of your buildings, contents and people
- Protection against many acts of terrorism.
- No extinguishing damage. No capital damage.
- No Business Interruption need for Over Pressure Compensation
No down time - always effective, even in the most hard to reach places
- No need for Over Pressure Compensation. No high pressure system worries.
- Reduced deterioration of stored items due to reduced oxidative corrosion. Less oxygen, less corrosion, increased shelf life for certain products.
Hypoxic systems operate totally automatically under microprocessor control. Oxygen level in the protected space(s) is continuously monitored, and in most applications, the system will maintain the oxygen percentage between 14.5% and 15.5%.
- The system will deliver air with oxygen content of 10% (low enough to create a rapid change, but high enough not to be a threat to humans) until a level of 14.5% is sensed, when the system will shut down. With natural leakage and access events, oxygen level will gradual rise, until, at 15.5% the system will switch back on and inject air with 10% oxygen content, until 14.5% is again achieved.
- Total sealing is not required. The protected space must have some leakage to allow flushing to take place, but the leakage needs to be controlled. The smaller the leakage the smaller Hypoxic plant is required.
- Typical design target for leakage: 1% to 3% of the volume per hour. The lower the leakage, the lower the duty cycle and the lower the operating cost. No other sources of fresh air must be present. Ventilation must be re-circulatory. Any AC must be of the split system type.
- Air change in occupied space will be less than conventional practice.
- Where there is frequent access by people or vehicles some sort of air lock is helpful, such as a double door system or plastic walk/drive through curtain.
- In order to be effective it is necessary for there to be a boundary on the protected space
UNIQUE DUAL FLOW™ SYSTEM
When the protected space is occupied, Hypoxic System can be programmed to operate in differing modes - delivering a constant flow of clean fresh air with oxygen content 15%.
This provides air change for the occupants as well as removing odours and preventing any CO2 build up. Activation of Dual Flow can be fully automatic - operating only when people are present.
For more information on this life saving, cost reducing and environmental control system to make you and your company safer, more productive and a happy place (!)
Draper Fire Ltd – 0844 3577252 (local rate)
Head Office :
Unit 4 Dockray Hall Mill
Kendal : 01539 722694
Lancaster : 01524 730959
Penrith : 01768 868881
Carlisle : 01228 544205
Registered In England No.4553638
Vat Reg No. 758 859 457
- Contact Information
- Kevin Draper
- Draper Ltd.
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.