Absence Management: Best Practices in Metrics and Reporting
San Diego, CA—March 17, 2009—The Disability Management Employer Coalition (DMEC) has teamed up with Liberty Mutual Group to release a white paper outlining best practices that employers can follow when tracking and reporting on absence management. This report will help employers learn how to better control the significant cost of employee absence through 10 best practices for absence management programs.
Best practices described in the white paper are:
1. Assess the Scope of Absence in Your Environment
2. Identify Metrics to Sell the Business Case for Absence Management to the C Suite
3. Partner Internally to Identify and Capture Critical Information
4. Create Benchmarks for Absence Management
5. Make Absence Management Sustainable
6. Partner with TPAs for Reports That Meet Your Needs
7. Use Data to Fine-Tune Programs
8. Balance Incentives with Disincentives
9. Keep Employees in the Loop at Every Stage
10. Adopt, Analyze, Assess, Adapt—Repeat as Needed
The white paper is based on findings from the 2008 Leadership Series--Absence Management, the fourth annual symposium series offered by DMEC with sponsorship from Liberty Mutual Group. The Leadership Series brought together more than 80 leading human resource professionals in regional meetings to discuss the best ways to use data and statistics to manage employee absence.
To read the white paper or learn about the upcoming 2009 Leadership Series, visit www.dmec.org.
The Disability Management Employer Coalition (DMEC) is a non-profit organization that provides educational resources to employers in the areas of disability, absence, health, and productivity. The primary goal of DMEC is to assist employers in developing cost-saving programs, encouraging responsive market products, and returning employees to productive employment. Visit www.dmec.org for more information about educational publications and events.
- Contact Information
- Rebecca Milot-Bradford
- Marketing Manager
- Disability Management Employer Coalition
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.