Dell Goes ‘Ballistic’ with Design for New Latitude E6400 XFR Rugged Laptop
Round Rock, Texas
* New Ballistic Armor – Provides Twice the Impact Strength of Magnesium Alloy
* Higher Drop Specification, Ingress Protection Rating Against Dust and Water
* Easy Integration for IT Enabling Low Ownership Costs
Dell is breaking barriers when it comes to fully rugged laptops with the introduction of the Latitude E6400 XFR. Engineered to meet the needs of even the most demanding customers in the harshest environments, the system meets a higher drop specification and offers a greater level of dust and moisture protection than any fully-rugged laptop in its class. The system is available today in the U.S., Canada, France, Spain, United Kingdom, Germany and Italy. It starts at $4,299 and more information is available at www.dell.com/xfr.
* Designed for the military, first responders, oil & gas environments, manufacturing floors, field technicians and homeland security, the Latitude E6400 XFR features the Dell-exclusive Ballistic Armor Protection System featuring PR-481, which leverages a high-strength substance used for applications such as cryogenics, aircraft components, military equipment and medical devices. Features of Ballistic Armor include:
Twice the impact strength of magnesium alloy1;
25 percent higher drop specification than any computer in its class – up to four feet with system powered down and closed and up to 36-inch drop test with the unit operating and LCD open2;
High compression strength for outstanding impact protection;
Structural stability at extreme temperatures; and,
Scratch resistance providing corrosion protection.
* The Latitude E6400 XFR also features PrimoSeal Technology to enhance protection from dust and liquid with compression gaskets that deliver a higher level of ingress protection, or shielding from dust and moisture, than any system in its class with an IP-65 rating3.
* The fully rugged laptop is engineered and independently tested to more than 13 military standards (MIL STD 810F) for operation in challenging environments.
* The fully rugged laptop shares common images and components with the Dell Latitude E6400 laptops for easy integration into existing environments and enables low ownership costs. The Latitude E6400 XFR also includes:
Intel Core 2 Duo processors and vProTM technology for enhanced manageability and advanced security features;
QuadCool Thermal Management System allows the XFR to meet the MIL-STD 810F for temperature extremes and enables excellent performance – a fully configured Latitude E6400 XFR performs up to 90 percent faster than the Panasonic CF304;
Up to 167 percent faster than the Panasonic CF30 in graphics-intensive applications5;
Extended field use batteries equipped with ExpressCharge enables battery re-charge up to two times faster than Panasonic CF-306;
At 2.2 inches thick and starting at 8.5 pounds, the Latitude E6400 XFR is 15 percent thinner and up to 5 percent lighter than the previous generation XFR7;
Field-ready options include an in-vehicle docking solution, 12-cell rugged battery slice, E-family docking and legacy I/O adapter;
Large 14.1-inch wide display including DirectVue Technology - customers can work in direct sunlight on a screen that features impact resistance; and,
Optional Dell ProSupport service offerings.
“Public-sector customers demand performance and reliability in challenging environments,” said Frank Muehleman, vice president and general manager of the Dell North America Public Business Group. “That is why we developed the Latitude E6400 XFR and why we’ll continue to develop tailored technologies to help our customers achieve their missions.”
“Customers who use rugged laptops have unique needs beyond mainstream business notebooks. With the Latitude E6400 XFR we have listened and are delivering,” said Brett McAnally, director, Dell Product Group. “We incorporated innovations on behalf of our customers to create a one-of-a-kind system that offers advanced security, more durability, and exceptional ease-of-use for an overall user experience that’s simply unmatched in the industry today.”
Dell will showcase the Latitude XFR E6400 at this week’s Federal Office Systems Exposition (FOSE), held at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, D.C., in booth 1001.
Dell Inc. (NASDAQ: DELL) listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services they trust and value.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.