Nortel Brings Unified Communications to Life at Unified Communications Expo 2009
Nortel and Intrinsic Demonstrate UC Solutions to Boost Productivity and Lower Costs
LONDON - Nortel* [TSX: NT, OTC: NRTLQ] will showcase the latest in Unified Communications technology at UC 09 **, including new solutions that can simplify business operations, reduce operating costs and increase employee productivity.
Nortel, along with channel partner Intrinsic Technology, will showcase these UC solutions on March 11 and 12 at stand 210, adjacent to the Central Telecom UK stand. With Intrinsic, Nortel will exhibit the Latest UC solutions from it’s alliances with Microsoft and IBM, including its latest examples of OCS and Sametime integration.
Exclusive to UC 09, Nortel will host the only feature area at the event - Applications Alive! Visitors to the area will be able to see first-hand how they can streamline their business processes through CEBP (Communications Enabled Business Processes) using Nortel’s open standards ACE (Agile Communications Environment) platform. The Applications Alive! area will be split into four zones: one for customer consultations, two zones demonstrating healthcare and retail applications, and another zone showcasing virtual education and collaboration built on Nortel’s Web.Alive platform.
* Health: Nortel will demonstrate how UC applications, using ACE, can deliver realtime patient information to improve clinical operations and the overall patient experience.
* Retail: UC applications, using ACE, personalize and simplify purchases using a demonstration with V-Teen, a virtual teenager.
* Education: a first-hand demonstration of Nortel’s virtual university campus created within Web.Alive, a platform for collaboration, assisted e-commerce and virtual learning/training applications.
Nortel UC experts will also deliver keynote speeches and presentations in the Nortel sponsored Technical Theatre:
Wednesday 11th March
* 12:30 - 13:00 - Keynote: ’Nortel Energy Efficiency.’ Simon Wilson, leader, Communications Solutions, Nortel Europe
* 15:10 - 15:40 - ’Anytime, Anywhere Collaboration - Making Collaboration Compelling.’ John Mann, leader, Unified Communications, Nortel Europe
Thursday 12th March
* 12:30 - 13:00 - ’The Evolution to Unified Communications - The Collaboration of Business and IT.’ Pete Moody, product marketing manager, Unified Communications, Nortel Europe
* 13:50 - 14:20 - Keynote: ’Unified Communications - Where will it take my business?’ Charlie Wade, vice president, Enterprise Product Marketing, Nortel Europe
* 10:30 - 11:00 - ’How to Introduce UC into your Contact Centre Without Losing Your Current Infrastructure Investment.’ Steve Kinge, business development manager, Customer Contact Solutions, Nortel Europe.
About Nortel (in Administration)
Nortel is a recognized leader in delivering communications capabilities that make the promise of Business Made Simple a reality for our customers. Our next-generation technologies, for both service provider and enterprise networks, support multimedia and business-critical applications. Nortel’s technologies are designed to help eliminate today’s barriers to efficiency, speed and performance by simplifying networks and connecting people to the information they need, when they need it. Nortel does business in more than 150 countries around the world. For more information, visit Nortel on the Web at www.nortel.com . For the latest Nortel news, visit www.nortel.com/news .
Certain statements in this press release may contain words such as “could”, “expects”, “may”, “anticipates”, “believes”, “intends”, “estimates”, “targets”, “envisions”, “seeks” and other similar language and are considered forward-looking statements or information under applicable securities legislation. These statements are based on Nortel’s current expectations, estimates, forecasts and projections about the operating environment, economies and markets in which Nortel operates. These statements are subject to important assumptions, risks and uncertainties, which are difficult to predict and the actual outcome may be materially different from those contemplated in forward-looking statements. For additional information with respect to certain of these and other factors, see Nortel’s Annual Report on Form10-K, Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q and other securities filings with the SEC. Unless otherwise required by applicable securities laws, Nortel disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
*Nortel, the Nortel logo and the Globemark are trademarks of Nortel Networks.
**This is a 3rd party link as described in our Web linking practices.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.