Cisco TelePresence Reunites Loved Ones on Valentine’s Day
Manila, Philippines and Hong Kong, China
Cisco TelePresenceTM technology is virtually reuniting overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) with their families back home. In recognition of the sacrifices that OFWs have made for their families, Cisco is using its high-definition video communications system to let OFWs who have been away from home for more than a year to connect with their families virtually.
Highlights / Key Facts:
* On Valentine’s Day, two OFWs working in Hong Kong met their loved ones virtually via Cisco TelePresence.
* Anette Villegas, an OFW in Hong Kong who has not been home for more than a year, reunited with her husband, Jason Villegas. They have been married for almost four years.
* Hassel Lanza, also an OFW in Hong Kong, met with her mother and her two children.
* Cisco Philippines started its Cisco TelePresence Pinoy Reunion program in January as part of its corporate social responsibility initiatives.
* OFWs who have not seen their family members for at least a year may register at http://tppinoyreunion.yehey.com/.
* The first families to participate in this program were the Savedras from San Jose del Monte and the Ubamoses from Greenhills, San Juan, who had relatives working in Hong Kong.
* Cisco installed its Cisco TelePresence System 3000 in January in its Manila office. Cisco Philippines is the third country in Southeast Asia, after Singapore and Malaysia, to implement Cisco TelePresence. Cisco has more than 300 TelePresence facilities in 131 major cities in 40 countries.
Links / URLs:
* Cisco TelePresence Pinoy Reunion Program
* Tep Misa, country manager, Cisco Philippines
“We are pleased to have the system operational in our office in Manila, as it will enable our employees, channel partners and customers here to tap on our global network of experts. In effect this is our window to the world. Allowing OFWs to use the system to meet their loved ones made sense, as we would like as many people as possible to benefit from our technology.”
* Barbara Chiu, general manager, Cisco Hong Kong
“It is wonderful to be able to allow these women, upon whom so many Hong Kong people rely, to see and talk to their families back in Manila. It is just one way that Cisco technology can be used to truly enable people from all walks of life to do things they never thought possible. As a member of the Hong Kong community for 20 years, Cisco is pleased to use our technology in such a meaningful way.”
* Lulu Salazar, special projects adviser at the Hong Kong Bayanihan Center
“The program is a very good opportunity for Filipinos here in Hong Kong who cannot afford to go home to their families as often as they would like to.”
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com. Cisco products are supplied in the Philippines and Hong Kong by Cisco Systems International, BV, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cisco Systems, Inc.
Cisco, the Cisco logo, Cisco Systems and Cisco TelePresence are registered trademarks or trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries. All other trademarks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company. This document is Cisco Public Information.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.