Texas Instruments demonstrates new OMAP™ platform milestones on the Android Mobile Platform
TI showcases the most advanced functionality on the Android framework leveraging OMAP application processors and connectivity portfolio
BARCELONA, Spain .- Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NYSE: TXN) announced today that it is demonstrating the latest Android mobile platform running on the newly announced OMAP 3 mobile development platform in its booth (Hall 8, 8A84) at Mobile World Congress. TI will demonstrate the most advanced features, functionality and performance available on the Android framework. Attendees will experience high-quality video and audio playback which leverages the flexibility of the OMAPTM platform and integrated WiLinkTM connectivity solutions running on the Android mobile platform. TI is working with the Open Handset Alliance to address future market requirements with platform advancements that enrich the mobile user experience, including high definition (HD) multimedia, enhanced imaging, and 2D/3D hardware-accelerated graphics for Android-based devices. In addition, continuing its dedication to supporting open source, TI has launched new online resources to help OMAP developers further innovate and collaborate on the Android platform.
TI’s Mobile World Congress demonstrations on the Zoom OMAP34x-II MDP include:
* High-quality multimedia at WVGA resolution to support easy viewing of the latest Web and video content with extended playback time
* Enhanced photo capture and viewer, supporting images up to 8 megapixel
* High-performance Web browsing with super-fast Web page renderings and quick access utilizing Wi-Fi connectivity (802.11 b/g/n)
* Platform support for integrated 3G modems, providing the flexibility for customers to select modem of choice
Continued investments on Android Platform
TI is working with the Open Handset Alliance, to further extend the capabilities of Android, the OMAP processor and TI connectivity solutions to deliver:
* High-definition multimedia with support for video/audio record and playback
* 2D/3D hardware-accelerated graphics support for optimal power and performance
* Support for additional connectivity technologies including 802.11n, Bluetooth®, FM receive, FM transmit and GPS
* Commercial digital still camera quality image processing made possible with advanced imaging algorithms
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.