Blackmagic Design Announces New DeckLink HD Extreme with Dual Link SDI
Broadcast Video Expo, London, UK .- Blackmagic Design Inc. today announced the new DeckLink HD Extreme, a more powerful version of the original award winning DeckLink HD Extreme card. The new DeckLink HD Extreme has all the features of the original model, which it replaces, plus now adds Dual Link 3 Gb/s SDI for 4:4:4 quality and a new hardware down converter for simultaneous HD and SD playback at the same time.
The DeckLink HD Extreme and all Blackmagic Design products will be at Blackmagic Design’s Broadcast Video Expo stand located at G14.
DeckLink HD Extreme is the world’s first capture card to feature SDI, HDMI and analog component, NTSC, PAL and S-Video capture and playback, combined with Dual Link 3 Gb/s SDI technology, and hardware down conversion for only US$995.
With SDI, HDMI and analog video capture and playback, combined with both balanced analog and AES/EBU digital audio, DeckLink HD Extreme lets customers connect to all decks, cameras and monitors. DeckLink HD Extreme instantly switches between SD and HD video, so is the ideal solution for all post production and broadcast users when working on design, editing, paint and effects tasks.
With built in 3 Gb/s SDI, DeckLink HD Extreme can also instantly switch to full resolution 2K feature film editing. DeckLink HD Extreme also includes built in hardware down converter so users can monitor both SD and HD at the same time during playback and capture.
Last year at NAB 2008, Blackmagic Design pioneered 2K workflows via SDI using 3 Gb/s on its new Multibridge Eclipse editing solution and HDLink Pro monitoring solution. Now for the first time, this same 2K feature film workflow is available on a capture card that costs less than $1000.
DeckLink HD Extreme Key Features
* Dual Link 3 Gb/s SDI capture and playback with full HD-SDI and SD SDI compatibility.
* HDMI capture and playback.
* Analog component, NTSC, PAL and S-Video capture and playback.
* SDI, HDMI and Analog component switches between SD and HD. SDI also switches to 2K film.
* Hardware down converter selectable for Letterbox, Anamorphic 16:9 or center-cut SD modes.
* Supports both Dual Link 4:4:4 SDI video as well as 4:2:2 SDI video connections.
* Built in internal HD/SD keying, or select to output both fill and key via dual SDI outputs.
* 16 channels of SDI audio capture and playback in HD and 2K. 8 channels in SD.
* 2 channels of AES/EBU audio capture and playback with sample rate converter on input.
* 2 channels of XLR professional analog audio capture and playback.
* Full resolution 2K capture and playback up to 2048 x 1556 at 24 and 23.98 fps.
* Genlock/Tri-Sync reference input for locking card to large systems.
* RS-422 remote control for broadcast decks.
* PCI Express plug in card at 10 Gb/s speeds for maximum real time effects.
* Real time effects in Apple Final Cut Pro™ and Adobe Premiere™ Pro.
Availability and Price
DeckLink HD Extreme is available now and in stock for only US$995 or €775 from all Blackmagic Design authorized resellers worldwide.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.