Songs You Love to Love: True Tales of the Top 10 Valentine’s Day Songs.
In an article available for use online and in print, Scott G (recording artist The G-Man) reveals some surprising facts behind the creation of the top ten love songs you’ll be hearing for Valentine’s Day (February 14).
Scott G, who records as The G-Man (www.gmanmusic.com), has published his 3rd article on the strange tales of how well-known songs came to be written and recorded.
Entitled “Songs You Love to Love,” the article focuses on love songs that have the power to melt the hardest heart. “These are beautiful tunes with emotional lyrics,” G-Man says, “but the stories of their creation are often odd and sometimes funny.”
Surprising facts divulged in the article about these well-known songs include:
* “Unchained Melody” was written 19 years before it was first recorded, but then received an Oscar nomination and hit the charts 4 times by 4 different artists in 1 year. (And the Righteous Brothers’ hit the top of the charts with it 3 times.)
* One of the most-requested love songs, “I Will Always Love You,” is not a love song at all, but Dolly Parton’s gentle farewell to her former writing partner, Porter Wagoner.
* One famous love song has been recorded by nearly 700 artists.
* “Cherish” is often played at wedding receptions, yet is actually a song about unrequited love.
* An instantly recognized love song from 1971 was written 14 years earlier and has been recorded by artists as varied as Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, Celine Dion, Mel Torme, Isaac Hayes, George Michael, and Roberta Flack.
The complete story is available at:
Scott G owns G-Man Music & Radical Radio (www.gmanmusic.com) where he writes, produces, voices, and composes music for radio commercials. As The G-Man, he has albums on Delvian Records and iTunes, is a member of NARAS (the Grammy organization), and a writer for Immedia Wire Service and MusicDish.
- Contact Information
- Scott G or Brian Forest
- Creative Directors
- G-Man Music + Radical Radio
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.