American Express And Hilton HHonors® Launch New Premium Reward Card And Enhace Benefits Of Existing Hilton HHonors Card From American Express
Cards Allow Hilton Family Loyalists to Jump on Fast-Track to Elite Status, Free Nights and More Rewards
American Express (NYSE:AXP) and Hilton HHonors launch a new premium co-branded Credit Card for U.S.-based consumers called the Hilton HHonors® Surpass(SM) Card from American Express and several enhancements to the existing Hilton HHonors® Card from American Express. Both Cards allow Cardmembers to earn points rapidly and offer generous rewards that enhance the travel experience with valuable travel perks and privileges.
While both Cards are designed to cater to the evolving needs of Hilton Family loyalists, the Hilton HHonors Surpass Card takes that concept to a new level. The Hilton HHonors Surpass Card offers the fastest way to earn HHonors bonus points -- 9 points for every eligible $1 spent at Hilton Family hotels; valuable benefits such as complimentary standard membership in Priority Pass™, which gives Cardmembers access to more than 500 airport lounges worldwide; and the ability to earn Hilton HHonors’ coveted Diamond VIP status with an annual spend of $40,000, which provides room upgrades (subject to availability), access to Executive Floor lounges, a 50% bonus on all HHonors Base points earned and much more.
In addition to these and other unique benefits and features, the Hilton HHonors Surpass Card offers Cardmembers everything the newly enhanced Hilton HHonors Card provides its Cardmembers.
Hilton HHonors Card enhancements include giving Cardmembers the ability to earn more bonus points (6 up from 5) for spending in an expanded list of double point categories, including day-to-day necessities and paying household bills with the Card; valuable retail and travel insurances that protect covered purchases and provide an added layer of security while traveling; and special perks such as discounted and upgraded chauffeured car service.
“We know that travel is an important part of consumers’ lifestyles, so we’re delighted to offer new ways for Hilton HHonors Cardmembers to earn points quickly and get reward stays faster,” said Pam Codispoti, senior vice president and general manager Co-brand Partnerships, American Express. “With the addition of the Hilton HHonors Surpass Card, we’re able to offer more choices and added benefits that cater to the needs of the Hilton Family loyalists.”
“We’re excited to be able to work with American Express on creating co-brand products that offer our members a fast way to earn the rewards they want most,” said Adam Burke, senior vice president of customer loyalty for Hilton Hotels Corporation. “Whether members want to redeem points for free nights with No Blackout Dates, merchandise or unique travel experiences, our co-brand products can help them to get the reward of their choice faster.”
Details about Card Features
With the Hilton HHonors and Hilton HHonors Surpass Cards from American Express, there are no limits on the number of points that Cardmembers can earn. Also, when Cardmembers want to redeem their HHonors points for free nights, they can do so with No Blackout Dates. With Hilton HHonors, any time a standard room is available members can redeem points for it. While staying at Hilton Family hotels, Cardmembers can also take advantage of the Double Dip® option, which allows members to earn both HHonors points and airline miles with more than 60 Double Dip partners for every stay.
The Hilton HHonors Surpass Card offers a variety of premium features, benefits and services and is available for an annual fee of $75. Some highlights include:
* Triple bonus points (9 HHonors bonus points) for every eligible $1 spent at participating Hilton Family hotels
* Double bonus points (6 HHonors bonus points) for every eligible $1 spent on purchases at supermarkets, drug stores, gas stations, home and wireless phone, cable and satellite TV, and Internet service providers
* 3 HHonors bonus points for every eligible $1 spent everywhere else
* Complimentary Gold VIP status for first year and then maintain Gold VIP status with annual spend of $20,000
* Diamond VIP status with annual spend of $40,000, which can provide a 50% bonus on Base points earned, room upgrades (subject to availability), access to Executive Floor lounges and much more
* Complimentary Priority Pass Standard Membership, which grants Cardmembers access to more than 500 airport lounges in 90 countries
* Up to 40,000 HHonors welcome bonus points with first purchase within first 12 months -- enough for up to four free nights
* Up to 20,000 HHonors stay bonus points (2,500 points for each of their first eight stays within first 18 months of Cardmembership)
The existing no annual fee Hilton HHonors Card has several new enhanced features, including:
* 6 HHonors bonus points for every eligible $1 spent at participating Hilton Family Hotels (up from 5 HHonors bonus points)
* New double bonus points categories including home phone, cable and satellite TV, Internet service providers, for which Cardmembers earn 6 HHonors points for every eligible $1 spent, in addition to existing bonus categories of supermarkets, drug stores, gas stations and wireless phone
* 20,000 HHonors welcome bonus points with first purchase (up from 10,000 welcome bonus points) within first 12 months -- enough for up to two free nights
Both Cards offer several additional benefits and features, including:
* Car services benefit from EmpireCLS Worldwide Chauffeured Services, which includes discounts, complimentary upgrades and 500 HHonors bonus points for each booking
* Return Protection and Baggage Insurance in addition to the basic suite of American Express Card Services including, Car Rental Loss and Damage Insurance, and Global Assist ® Hotline
* My Credit Report and Score, which provides complimentary access to a Cardmember’s credit score and report once a year for 30 days online
* Savings of 15,000 HHonors points for reward stays of 4 nights or more at category 5 or 6 hotels
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.