Starbucks Says Hello to a New Day With Pairings at $3.95
A Company First: 100% Ethically-Traded Coffee Paired With Favorite Breakfast Items
Responding to the economic pressures facing its customers, Starbucks Coffee Company (NASDAQ: SBUX) will introduce a selection of pairings each for $3.95 beginning March 3. These pairings will be available all day and provide customers with an average savings of as much as $1.20, and with 100 percent ethically-traded coffee and high quality ingredients, the pairings offer a value beyond price. Starbucks pairings combine a tall, handcrafted Caffè Latte or tall, fresh Brewed Coffee with some of its best-selling breakfast items. Two new artisan sandwiches will debut as part of the pairings.
“During these tough times, customers need to know they’re making a smart choice when they come to Starbucks,” said Michelle Gass, executive vice president of marketing and category, Starbucks Coffee Company. “That they’re getting the world’s finest coffee, delicious food made with quality ingredients, and an experience they can’t get anywhere else.”
The coffee pairings will be available beginning March 3, 2009 in Starbucks company-operated stores in the continental U.S. Additionally, as part of the Starbucks™ Shared Planet™ commitment to ethical sourcing, starting this spring, all of Starbucks espresso-based drinks in all Starbucks stores in the U.S. will be made with 100% responsibly grown, ethically traded Starbucks Espresso Roast coffee.
Starbucks pairings include:
Tall Handcrafted Caffè Latte paired with:
- Starbucks Perfect Oatmeal, 100%whole grain goodness made-to-order with three conveniently portioned toppings, including dried fruit, nut medley and brown sugar; or
- Reduced-Fat Cinnamon Swirl Coffee Cake, a moist buttery cake with a cinnamon swirl center topped with a cinnamon crumble.
Tall Fresh Brewed Coffee paired with:
- NEW Artisan Bacon Sandwich, a flavorful bakery-style sandwich made with a parmesan egg frittata, smoked bacon slices, and Gouda cheese on a perfectly-baked hand-shaped artisan roll; or
- NEW Artisan Ham Sandwich, a delightful combination made with a parmesan egg frittata, three slices of Black Forest ham, and mild cheddar on a perfectly-baked hand-shaped artisan roll; or
- Sausage Breakfast Sandwich, a tasty teaming of sausage, egg and mild cheddar on an English muffin; or
- Reduced-Fat Turkey Bacon Breakfast Sandwich, lighter option featuring reduced-fat turkey bacon, cholesterol-free egg, and reduced-fat aged white cheddar on a multi-grain English muffin.
“Our customers need to know that we are listening to them by making Starbucks an affordable everyday option,” Gass said. “Following the introduction of Starbucks Card Rewards, the Treat Receipt and the launch of the Starbucks Gold Card program in 2008, the coffee pairings are the most recent way in which we are providing value to our customers.”
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.