Dell Servers and Storage Help Careerbuilder.Com Power Nationís Largest Job Search Data Warehouse
* CareerBuilder.com reduced time for business intelligence reporting by 50 percent using Dell PowerEdge servers and EMC storage with Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and business intelligence software
* New Dell reference configurations for 10 and 20 terabyte data warehouses use Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008
Dell today announced that CareerBuilder.com, the nationís largest online job site, has experienced increased performance and efficiency for business intelligence using Dell servers and storage. By running data warehouses and business intelligence on standards-based Dell hardware, businesses can reduce costs and increase agility.
* CareerBuilder.com recently upgraded to Dell PowerEdge R900 and R2950 servers and EMC storage to power its data warehouse and business intelligence applications.
CareerBuilder.com has reduced the processing time for key business intelligence load jobs up to 50 percent, allowing faster access to important business data and same-day reporting for global operations.
With more than 23 million unique visitors and over 1.6 million jobs, data volumes at CareerBuilder.com have increased from 4 to 10 terabytes since 2007.
CareerBuilder.com increased IT agility and reduced costs by using a standards-based business intelligence solution based on Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft business intelligence software, Dell PowerEdge servers and Dell/EMC storage.
* Dell introduced new reference configurations for 10 and 20 terabyte data warehouses using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008.
New reference configurations can be used to assist customers in creating solutions for business intelligence and data warehousing.
* ďBusiness intelligence and data warehousing have traditionally been complex, difficult to implement and cost prohibitive for many companies. With our new reference configurations for 10 and 20 terabyte data warehouses, we are allowing more companies like CareerBuilder.com to build powerful and flexible business intelligence on standards-based hardware at lower price point than proprietary platforms,Ē said Brad Anderson, senior vice president, Enterprise Product Management, Dell.
* ďWe are able to process our data and deliver valuable information more quickly to our business to support timely decision-making and action. We know we can count on Dell hardware because itís reliable and we know we can produce reports faster and deliver them on time,Ē said Rob Wittes, Business Intelligence Development Manager at CareerBuilder.com.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.