CA GRC Manager 2.0 Improves Enterprise-wide Risk IQ for Better Risk Management Decisions
Latest Version Provides a Common Risk Management Framework, Increasing Risk Visibility and Insight Across the Enterprise
ISLANDIA, N.Y. – CA, Inc. (NASDAQ: CA) today unveiled CA GRC Manager 2.0, the latest version of its enterprise risk and compliance management solution. The new version is designed to help organizations to improve their Risk IQ—the level of visibility and insight into enterprise risk—by implementing a common risk management framework, and then facilitating risk identification, assessment, and mitigation across the entire organization. This approach gives business leaders the level of insight they need to improve risk awareness and response in order to improve operational performance.
“Enterprises are moving away from a siloed approach to risk and compliance management, and are seeing an increasing need to establish a common risk framework—one that includes consistent and comprehensive processes for risk identification, assessment, and analysis—across the enterprise,” said Robin Bloor, a partner of Hurwitz & Associates. “The CA GRC Manager 2.0 solution is enhanced with features that enable companies to greatly improve their overall operational risk management and analysis capabilities.”
Sirius Solutions, a CA partner specializing in regulatory compliance consulting, has leveraged CA GRC Manager since its launch in 2007 to help companies better manage their GRC initiatives. Sirius worked with one of the largest independent power producers in the U.S. to automate and manage NERC and FERC compliance activities, and then extended the solution to support control self assessments.
Michael A. Sanchez, director at Sirius Solutions noted, “Our clients often operate in highly regulated industries and are facing risks from a variety of sources. Managing risk successfully comes down to insight and action. With CA GRC Manager 2.0, we can help our customers dramatically reduce the time and effort involved in risk analysis and management, while increasing visibility into their risk profile. Business leaders can then develop strategies to mitigate any critical risks quickly, based on accurate and timely information, leading to improved risk management and decision-making.”
“Improving Risk IQ has never been more important, as the current economic crisis reminds us nearly every day,” said Marc Camm, senior vice president and general manager of GRC Products at CA. “We are very excited about the latest version of CA GRC Manager because it delivers the risk library, templates, aggregation, assessment, and attestation needed to help both public and private sector enterprises significantly improve their overall risk management capability.”
Select new features of CA GRC Manager 2.0 include:
* A common risk management framework, designed to provide consistent and uniform risk identification and terminology, risk assessment processes, and the development of specific risk metrics. This framework facilitates improved alignment with overall corporate strategy and business objectives, and supports efforts to plan, assess, monitor, and respond to risks.
* Support for comprehensive and consistent risk identification, including a large library of enterprise risks, risk templates, and aggregation. The Risk Library, including more than 200 pre-configured risk types, helps facilitate consistent risk identification, and provides a unified structure and mechanism to aggregate and report results at the Board and executive levels.
* Enhanced support for risk assessments, including customizable automated workflow processes to allow assessments to be done more easily by people who have access to the best (most accurate and timely) information related to each risk. Comprehensive risk metrics are also designed to enable improved quantification of operational risks. Risk assessment and control evaluations for multiple contexts (business objective, process, asset, business unit, etc.) are designed to allow the impacts of individual risks to be more easily determined. This capability improves the quality of risk information and improves oversight of enterprise operational risk.
* New dashboards for improved risk analysis and reporting, such as a Risk Review option allowing a streamlined view for senior executives, and a Risk Watch List, showing only the most critical risks for the organization.
To learn more about CA GRC Manager, visit http://www.ca.com/grc.
* CA Advisor: Governance Edition article on “Risk IQ – The Key to Effective Risk Management” is available at: http://www.ca.com/us/news/article.aspx?cid=196226&issue=196241
* CA GRC Video Blog on “What Is Your Risk IQ?” is available at: http://blog.ca-grc.com/2009/02/video-blog-what-is-your-risk-iq
* CA Risk and Compliance Maturity Calculator is available at: http://www.ca-grc.com/grc_assessment/login
* CA Advisor: Governance Edition article on “Eliminate Risk Silos With A Common Risk Management Framework” is available at: http://mediaproducts.gartner.com/gc/webletter/ca/volume2_dec08/govern/index.html
* CA’s white paper on “Minimizing Business Risk with Unified Policy and Compliance Management” can be downloaded at: https://www.ca-grc.com/white_papers/wp_5_1_10
CA (NASDAQ: CA) is the world’s leading independent IT management software company. With CA’s Enterprise IT Management (EITM) vision and expertise, organizations can more effectively govern, manage and secure IT to optimize business performance and sustain competitive advantage. For more information, visit www.ca.com.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.