DuPont High Performance Laminates Introduces Pyralux® APR Copper Clad Resistor Laminate
DuPont High Performance Laminates today announced it is expanding its portfolio of embedded materials and all polyimide laminates with the introduction of DuPont™ Pyralux® APR copper clad resistor laminate for advanced multi-layer flex, rigid flex and rigid printed circuit boards. This patented all polyimide composite is a double sided construction of polyimide film bonded to copper foil, and features Ticer Technologies’ TCR® thin film copper resistor foil as one or both of the clad foils.
DuPont™ Pyralux® APR copper clad resistor laminate is ideal for advanced applications in military, aerospace, automotive and consumer electronics markets, where reliable embedded resistor technology, temperature tolerance and robust processing is required.
“DuPont has been making breakthroughs in embedded passive materials in recent years, and our ability to combine some of our new, patented technologies with our experience in developing leading laminate constructions such as Pyralux® AP is a huge advantage,” said Scott R. Simpson, global development manager – DuPont Embedded Passives. “When we add to that the established strength of Ticer Technologies’ thin film copper resistor foil, Pyralux® APR truly becomes a winning combination for customers seeking smaller, lighter, more rugged and more reliable devices.”
DuPont™ Pyralux® APR copper clad resistor laminate is available in a broad range of dielectric thicknesses and resistance levels, to provide designers, fabricators and assemblers a wide variety of circuit constructions. Key attributes include:
* Excellent resistive layer tolerance and electrical performance
* Excellent dielectric thickness tolerance
* Embedded capacitance and resistance in a single laminate
* Thin, rugged copper clad laminate with superior handling and processing
* High copper polyimide resistor foil adhesion strength
* Low coefficient of thermal expansion for flex and rigid multi-layer PCBs
* Excellent thermal resistance, up to 180C (356F) M.O.T.
* UL 94V-0, UL Registered, File E124294
* Compatible with printed wiring board industry processes, IPC 4204/11 certified
DuPont recently was granted a new collection of patents in embedded resistor laminate technology, as it continues to expand its portfolio of embedded passive materials.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.