Harris Corporation Launches NEXIO Browse Suite of File-Based Broadcast Workflow Solutions
Allows Broadcasters to Implement a Cost-Efficient, Low-Resolution News Workflow
CINCINNATI. — Harris Corporation (NYSE:HRS), an international communications and information technology company, announces the launch of the new NEXIO® Browse suite, a comprehensive portfolio of tools that facilitate H.264 proxy viewing and editing, enabling broadcasters to implement an affordable and scalable low-resolution workflow.
“NEXIO Browse helps eliminate the need for a complex baseband infrastructure for proxy storage and management, making it easier than ever to deploy a low-resolution, file-based workflow in news and sports operations,” said Tim Thorsteinson, president of Harris Broadcast Communications. “Media management and editing are simplified, and high-resolution conforming for play-to-air functions can be performed quickly and seamlessly.”
The NEXIO Browse suite is part of the Harris® NewsForce™ HD/SD news platform. It includes all the tools necessary to generate, view and edit low-resolution proxy files across a storage area network (SAN):
* NEXIO PRX Transcoder™ server — automatically converts high-resolution content from the NEXIO SAN into low-res files;
* NEXIO AMP PRX Encoder™ integrated media application for the NEXIO AMP™ advanced media platform — creates low-res proxy clips simultaneously with baseband ingest;
* NEXIO Browse Server™ storage array — provides high-performance, frame-accurate proxy file storage;
* NEXIO Proxy Media Host™ server — modular expansion of the number of viewers and editors connecting to the NEXIO low-res SAN;
* Velocity PRX™ proxy editor — integrates with MOS-compliant newsroom computer systems, allowing for rundowns and scripts to be viewed directly from the proxy editing interface;
* NEXIO InstantOnline III™ conforming engine — enables low-res clips to be conformed to high resolution at the push of a button for immediate play to air
“The ability to move, browse and edit low-resolution files delivers a critical speed advantage in the competitive news and sports industries — or any broadcast environment where large numbers of people benefit from shared access to content,” said Thorsteinson. “Our NEXIO Browse solution allows scores of users to view and edit content simultaneously, with significantly reduced storage and bandwidth requirements when compared to a high-resolution SAN. This capability not only helps broadcasters get to air faster, it saves them money.”
Harris Broadcast Communications offers products, systems and services that provide interoperable workflow solutions that span the entire media delivery chain. The Harris ONE™ solution brings together highly integrated and cost-effective products that are ideal for emerging media business models and for customers upgrading media operations to digital and high-definition services.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.