Oracle Placed in Leaders Quadrant in Latest Business Intelligence Platforms Magic Quadrant
Redwood Shores, Calif.
* Gartner’s 2009 “Magic Quadrant for Business Intelligence Platforms” positions Oracle in the Leaders Quadrant. (1)
* Gartner Magic Quadrants position vendors within a particular market segment based on their completeness of vision and their ability to execute on that vision.
* According to Gartner, “leaders are vendors that are reasonably strong in the breadth and depth of their BI platform capabilities, and which can deliver on enterprise wide implementations that support a broad BI strategy. Leaders articulate a business proposition that resonates with buyers, supported by the viability and operational capability to deliver on a global basis.”
Oracle BI Foundation Helps Customers Make Timely, Fact-Based Decisions
* The Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation (Oracle BI Foundation) provides comprehensive business intelligence (BI) and analytic capabilities based on category-leading products for OLAP, interactive dashboards, ad hoc analysis, proactive detection and alerts, advanced reporting and publishing, mobile analytics, desktop gadgets, and more. The software’s hot-pluggable design enables organizations to generate greater value from existing Oracle and non-Oracle data sources and applications, including SAP systems.
* The Oracle BI Foundation, consisting of Oracle Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition Plus, Oracle Business Intelligence Publisher, Oracle Essbase, and Oracle Real-Time Decisions, is the technical foundation for Oracle’s Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) system, including pre-built Oracle Business Intelligence Applications (Oracle BI Applications).
* Oracle BI Applications are complete, packaged BI solutions that deliver role-based intelligence across an organization to enable better decisions, actions, and business processes. The applications help organizations realize rapid deployment, lower Total Cost of Ownership, and take advantage of built-in best practices.
* Oracle’s EPM system, which consists of the Oracle BI Foundation, Oracle BI Applications, and Hyperion performance management applications, supports financial, strategic and operational management processes across a common foundation enabling organizations to become smarter, agile and aligned.
“We believe Gartner’s designation of Oracle in the leaders quadrant validates our efforts to provide organizations with the most comprehensive, standards-based suite of BI products for use in any environment,” said Paul Rodwick, vice president of Product Management, Oracle Business Intelligence. “The complete, open and integrated Oracle BI platform is a reflection of our commitment to help customers make smarter, more informed decisions to drive better business performance.”
Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Reference herein to third party content, including analysis, opinions, predictions and statements, does not constitute or imply Oracle’s endorsement of or concurrence with such content.
(1) Gartner “Magic Quadrant for Business Intelligence Platforms,” by James Richardson, Kurt Schlegel, Rita L. Sallam, Bill Hostmann, January 16, 2009
The Magic Quadrant is copyrighted 2009 by Gartner, Inc. and is reused with permission. The Magic Quadrant is a graphical representation of a marketplace at and for a specific time period. It depicts Gartner’s analysis of how certain vendors measure against criteria for that marketplace, as defined by Gartner. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in the Magic Quadrant, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors placed in the “Leaders” quadrant. The Magic Quadrant is intended solely as a research tool, and is not meant to be a specific guide to action. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.