Americans Urged to Have Their Hearing Checked for Better Health in the New Year
Hearing Central LLC (www.HearingAidsCentral.com and www.HearingAidCentral.com), an American manufacturer and Internet retailer of digital hearing aids, urges Americans to remember to have their hearing checked while they focus on living healthier lives in the New Year. They have released a series of tips about reasons to have hearing checked and how to find affordable hearing aids in these budget-conscious times.
Lake Forest, IL – January 12, 2009 – Approximately 36 million American adults suffer from some degree of hearing loss, according to the National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders (NIDCD). They also report that “only one out of five people who could benefit from a hearing aid actually wears one.”
Hearing Central LLC explains that hearing loss doesn’t have to take a back seat to other medical issues or economic hardships by offering free advice on the sometimes overlooked importance of having hearing checked and tips on making hearing aids a more affordable treatment option.
“People already avoid buying hearing aids because of the cost, and the current economy isn’t helping,” says Phil Wyatt, CEO of Hearing Central LLC. “This is a big issue, because hearing loss can directly affect a patient’s quality of life, and it can happen so gradually that people don’t even realize it until the damage is severe. In most circumstances, hearing aids can improve the quality of life for most people, and without breaking the bank.”
Hearing Central LLC wants to remind Americans of the importance of protecting their hearing, offering the following reasons to get a hearing test today:
1. Hearing loss is often gradual enough that it can’t be detected in normal day-to-day interactions until serious damage has already occurred. Hearing tests allow patients to be proactive.
2. Hearing loss can lead to social isolation and resulting depression as sufferers start to avoid previously enjoyed time with friends and family out of embarrassment or the inability to interact and hold conversations.
3. Hearing loss can be dangerous. Whether it means missing an emergency telephone call or not hearing a smoke alarm, untreated hearing loss can mean missing more than social interaction.
“Having a hearing test isn’t always enough,” says Wyatt. “The next step is to take action and seek treatment if hearing loss has occurred. For many, that means first getting a hearing test, then purchasing a hearing aid—something patients often think is unaffordable. Online hearing aid sellers like our company offer hearing aids at more affordable rates, with the same or better quality, than those sold through an audiologist—at a much lower cost. We want people to understand what they should look for in online sellers, so they can feel more confident in their purchase no matter where they buy.”
Hearing Central LLC suggests keeping the following things in mind before buying less expensive hearing aids online:
1. Look for reputable hearing aid manufacturers that also sell their own hearing aids directly to patients (sometimes these companies also sell to hearing professionals who then re-sell them at a substantial markup). Buying hearing aids online cuts out the middle man.
2. Always check warranties or return policies, and only buy from companies that back up their hearing aids (for example, being a direct manufacturer, Hearing Central LLC offers a 12 month manufacturer’s warranty).
3. Many online retailers of hearing aids can’t offer custom programming. Because every person’s hearing loss is different, it’s recommended that you first get a hearing test from a local audiologist. Then select an online hearing aid company that can program your hearing aid based on your test results. Hearing Central LLC will custom program hearing aids to a patient’s exact hearing loss frequencies when an audiogram (hearing test) is provided.
Hearing Central LLC offers several popular Digi-Ear in-the-canal hearing aid models as well as three open-fit hearing aids (Melody hearing aids) with prices ranging from $495 to $895. Hearing Central ships its hearing aids worldwide.
About Hearing Central LLC
Hearing Central LLC is an Illinois-based manufacturer and Internet retailer of hearing aids. The company is committed to bringing consumers top quality, American-made hearing aids at wholesale prices by cutting out the middle man. They pride themselves on offering affordable hearing aids at around a 75% discount when compared to similar models sold in hearing professional offices. All models are manufactured and sold according to FDA standards. Hearing Central is a sister company of Medical Central Online and Patient Net, which have provided medical solutions and consulting services to hospitals, nursing homes, and home care agencies since 1996.
For more information about Hearing Central LLC, to arrange an interview, or to learn more about cost-efficient hearing aid options, please visit www.HearingAidsCentral.com or www.HearingAidCentral.com or contact Phil Wyatt at 847-295-6946.
- Contact Information
- Phil Wyatt
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.