Medelita Announces Strategies for SMB Success in Lagging Economy
Innovative medical apparel founder employs unique tactics in her flourishing enterprise
San Clemente, Calif., January 15, 2009 — Medelita™, maker of breakthrough medical apparel for female clinicians, today announced its strategies for small-to-midsize business success. During a down economy, maintaining a positive outlook while employing unique strategies, can help businesses stay productive when the grip on consumer dollars is tightening.
“We believe that even through challenging financial times, if a product or service fills a need and a desire, it can and will succeed,” said Medelita Founder Lara Manchik. “With that in mind, we’ve developed a mindset here at Medelita that puts customers first, nay sayers last, and as a result of this, we have a healthier business.”
As a former female emergency room physician assistant, Manchik’s experiences convinced her that the frumpy unisex garb of past failed to adequately represent the enormous strides made by women in healthcare. Manchik created Medelita to outfit her female colleagues with performance enhancing attire that resists stains, repels fluids and is easy to maintain. She shares some of the ways Medelita differentiates itself, that may be useful for other small-to-midsize businesses:
• Big or little – it shouldn’t matter. Steer clear of those who discourage you, in any way, because you are a small company or a startup. Partner with those who believe in your concept and treat you as if you’re their most important client. Trust me – they’re out there.
• Customer service is huge. In an e-commerce based business, customer service is often the only opportunity to connect with clients. Blow them away. Go above and beyond. Personalize each and every email, and invest creativity, thoughtfulness, and significant budgeting into this arena. It will pay for itself.
• Don’t accept disappointment. We think of these situations as opportunities to think outside the box. In the face of adversity, regroup, re-energize, and think of it as a “game” to encourage creative problem solving. Be prepared to be amazed by the results.
• Display unwavering resolve in the strength of your product. Enough said.
• Startup status is a bonus. Take advantage of this window of opportunity. Everyone can relate to this time in a business, so be honest and forthright about the company’s financial position and the need to partner with those who understand the short-term struggle, yet can foresee the long-term reward.
• Learn every task - and then delegate. Without having created, touched, or influenced every single task that moves a business forward, one will never have a full appreciation or understanding of what’s involved. Operating a business without this vital knowledge is doing the company and its employees a disservice.
• Have fun. Around 5 o’clock every day, my partner/fiancé and I do a little ballroom dance around our center table to celebrate the day’s accomplishments and to energize ourselves for the following day. Work can be grueling, so fun mini rituals throughout the day provide much needed breaks.
• Scrutinize the books. Without long term projections and detailed, up-to-the minute financials, an entire organization is at risk. And don’t rely on others to understand this information – know it inside and out.
• Go with your gut. We used this motto working in the emergency room and it rings true in business as well. Simply trust your instincts – with vendors, with employees, with opportunities, with projections – and it’ll improve confidence and leadership capabilities — something every thriving business needs.
• Share victories (and excitement). Although we’re working with over 40 vendors and contractors, the victories are shared among us all. Receive a fantastic email from a customer? Forward it to the sewing factory. A front page news article? Send it off to the fulfillment house. Great new images from a photo shoot? Post them on the wall at our Asian textile factory. It’s inspiring, fun, and makes everyone involved feel important. They deserve that.
Medelita has one purpose: to reinvent the way women of all healthcare professions present themselves at work by offering the highest quality, best fitting, and most comfortable medical apparel available, including lab coats, women’s lab coats, women’s scrubs and medical scrubs. Medelita caters to professional women who want their uniforms to embody the poise and confidence already displayed from within. For more information, visit our website at http://www.medelita.com or call (877) 987-7979.
# # #
- Contact Information
- Lara Manchik
- Medelita LLC
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.