KPN and RIM Launch the Sleek BlackBerry Curve 8900 in The Netherlands
The BlackBerry Curve 8900 is the thinnest BlackBerry smartphone and features GPS, Wi-Fi connectivity, 3.2MP camera
The Hague, The Netherlands and Waterloo, Canada - KPN and Research In Motion (RIM) (Nasdaq: RIMM; TSX: RIM) today launched the BlackBerry® Curve™ 8900 smartphone. The new BlackBerry Curve 8900 has an expansive feature set that keeps users easily connected with their office, friends and family. In addition to being an exceptional phone with email, messaging, organizer, web browser and multimedia applications, the new BlackBerry Curve 8900 also features built-in Wi-Fi® (802.11 b/g), GPS, a fast processor (512Mhz) and a dazzling high resolution display, enabling customers to remain productive and entertained while on the move.
With its sleek design, the BlackBerry Curve 8900 smartphone from KPN comes with a full QWERTY keyboard and an intuitive trackball navigation system. Its full-featured media player supports media streaming (including podcast support) and can play all your favorite songs and videos. Its 3.2 megapixel camera includes auto focus, image stabilization, digital zoom and flash, so you can take sharp, print-quality pictures to capture the moment and immediately send them to a friend or post them on the Internet. The microSD/SDHC expandable memory slot supports up to 16GB per card, giving users plenty of storage that is easily interchangeable. The BlackBerry Curve 8900 from KPN comes with a 1 GB microSD card in The Netherlands.
Weighing just 110 grams and measuring 109 x 60 x 13.5 millimeters, the BlackBerry Curve 8900 smartphone integrates a large, striking 2.4 inch HVGA+ display (480x360 resoloution) that projects vivid color and makes reading information easy and viewing pictures and video enjoyable.
Other features include:
* Preloaded DataViz® Documents to Go® allows users to edit Microsoft® Word, Excel and PowerPoint files directly on the handset
* Video recording
* A 3.5 mm stereo headset jack and dedicated volume controls
* Quadband for global connectivity (GSM/GPRS/EDGE on 850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
* 1400 mAHr removable/rechargeable battery with 5.5 hours of talk time and 356 hours of standby time
* BlackBerry® Media Sync, giving users a simple way to sync iTunes® digital music collections with the smartphone*
* Instant messaging with BlackBerry® Messenger, Google® Talk, Windows Live Messenger™ and Yahoo! ® Messenger
* Premium phone features including voice activated dialing, enhanced background noise cancellation, a low-distortion speakerphone, and Bluetooth® (2.0) with support for hands-free use with headsets, car kits, stereo headsets (A2DP/AVRCP) and other Bluetooth peripherals
* • BlackBerry® Internet Service support that allows access to up to 10 supported personal and corporate email accounts, including most popular ISP email accounts
* BlackBerry® Enterprise Server support, providing advanced security and IT controls for enterprise deployments
The new BlackBerry Curve 8900 smartphone is available from KPN without a subscription at the price of € 347 (including taxes).
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.