Netezza’s Rapid Adoption Spreads Throughout Retail Market
Company Experiencing New Customer Growth and Expansion of Existing Customer Footprints; Retailers Choosing Low-Cost, High-Performance Netezza for Immediate Business Impact
NRF 98th Annual Convention & EXPO, New York, NY. — Netezza Corporation (NYSE Arca: NZ), the global leader in data warehouse and analytic appliances, has become a mainstream data warehouse option for retailers. Netezza’s growth has come from a steady stream of new, global brand-name retail customers including 99¢ Only Stores, Burlington Coat Factory, Estee Lauder and The Benetton Group, as well as from existing customers including Catalina Marketing, Neiman Marcus and Ross Stores as they continue to expand their Netezza appliance footprint to support strategic initiatives. Netezza’s own retail data model, and the growing portfolio of partner applications, means that retailers can even more easily and fully leverage Netezza’s high performance, low cost and simplicity benefits.
Retail Data Model for Faster Time to Market
Addressing market demand, Netezza has developed a retail data model to take advantage of the company’s patented high-performance architecture and simplify database migration for faster time to market for applications. Several of Netezza’s key retail partners are certified on the new retail data model providing immediate and unique business capabilities and performance.
Growing Portfolio of Retail Partner Applications
Netezza’s strong relationships with its retail solution partners play a major role in swift time to value and easy customer adoption. Several key partners have developed applications and provide critical functions including:
* Armeta: Offers the Retail Analytics Suite (RAS), a comprehensive retail business intelligence and pre-packaged reporting solution built on top of Netezza’s proprietary Retail Industry Data Model. The companies’ combined solution allows retailers the fastest time to market for industry-leading Retail BI applications that take advantage of Netezza’s high-performance processing and query speeds.
* EYC: EYC is an analytical technology company that supports retail and manufacturing clients, and offers an appliance-based solution that utilizes customer data for loyalty analytics at a basket level.
* Market 6: Provides a Demand Signal Repository solution that applies scaled predictive analytics to the “last mile” of the supply chain to provide solutions in ordering and inventory management.
* MI9: Delivers a new generation of retail systems, which are BI-centric. MI9’s Retail IQ solutions are designed to completely transform retail decision-making by ensuring information is “actionable” across the enterprise.
* Pi Solutions: Offers Profit Analytics, an analytics application that enables companies to measure profitability at the granular level, down to the transaction and build back up across any dimension.
* QuantiSense: Creates and implements packaged BI and data warehousing software exclusively for the world’s leading retailers.
* Quantivo: Extends the power of the Netezza data warehouse appliance with unique market basket and “affinity” analytics capabilities, empowering business managers with deep and timely customer behavior insights that improve merchandising, marketing and store operations.
Craig Haughan, CTO of EYC said, “We are very excited to partner with Netezza, and run powerful customer analytics and applications exponentially faster than in a traditional massively parallel processing environment. This enables retailers and manufacturers to leverage all their data, answer business questions faster and build and grow profitable customer engagements, for a lower total cost of ownership than previously possible.”
“As Netezza moves into the mainstream as a data warehouse option, our customers include many of the largest brand names globally,” said Jim Kelly, vice president and general manager, Retail/CPG Solutions. “By offering a growing portfolio of partner applications and solutions and a retail data model that simplifies and speeds up implementation, we are ensuring that retailers can quickly leverage Netezza to optimize business in areas most important to them.”
Netezza has been positioned by Gartner, Inc. in the Leaders’ quadrant in the 2008 Data Warehouse Database Management Systems Magic Quadrant report released on December 23, 2008 and authored by Donald Feinberg and Mark A. Beyer.
About the Magic Quadrant
The Magic Quadrant is copyrighted 2008 by Gartner, Inc. and is reused with permission. The Magic Quadrant is a graphical representation of a marketplace at and for a specific time period. It depicts Gartner’s analysis of how certain vendors measure against criteria for that marketplace, as defined by Gartner. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in the Magic Quadrant, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors placed in the “Leaders” quadrant. The Magic Quadrant is intended solely as a research tool, and is not meant to be a specific guide to action. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
About Netezza Corporation (NYSE Arca: NZ):
Netezza (NYSE Arca: NZ) is the global leader in data warehouse and analytic appliances that dramatically simplify high-performance analytics for business users across the extended enterprise, delivering significant competitive and operational advantage in today’s information-intensive marketplaces. The Netezza Performance Server® (NPS®) family of appliances brings appliance simplicity to a broad range of complex data warehouse and analytic challenges. Customers who have realized the benefits of Netezza appliances include Ahold, Amazon.com, CNET Networks, Department of Veterans Affairs, Epsilon, Nationwide, Orange UK, Premier, Inc., Ross Stores, Ryder System, Inc., The Carphone Warehouse and Virgin Media. Based in Marlborough, Mass., Netezza has offices in Washington, DC, Euroep and the Asia Pacific region. For more information about Netezza, please visit www.netezza.com.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.