First BlackBerry Flip Phone Available from CSLs 1O1O & one2free in Hong Kong
BlackBerry Pearl Flip: A Smart, Sleek and Stylish BlackBerry Smartphone with a fun new design
Hong Kong - CSL Limited (CSL) and Research In Motion (RIM) today launched the BlackBerry® Pearl™ Flip 8220 smartphone in Hong Kong, the first BlackBerry® smartphone to come in a clamshell format.
The BlackBerry Pearl Flip smartphone brings the powerful communications and multimedia features of the BlackBerry platform to flip phone fans, and is now available from CSL’s 1O1O and one2free, the leading mobile operator in Hong Kong.
The new BlackBerry Pearl Flip smartphone packs the impressive array of features that BlackBerry smartphone users have come to love - including phone, email, messaging, organiser, browser and multimedia applications – into a stylish and compact design. It includes a two mega-pixel camera with flash, zoom and video recording* to capture memories whilst on the move and it is also supported by thousands of third-party mobile lifestyle and business applications.
“CSL has long been a carrier partner of RIM, bringing various BlackBerry smartphones to Hong Kong,” said Mr. Aenil Premji, Chief Marketing Officer of CSL. “With the launch of the BlackBerry Pearl Flip smartphone, we are happy to continue to work with RIM to bring more choice of BlackBerry models to customers.”
“We are glad to work with CSL to bring this exciting new flip phone to customers in Hong Kong,” said Norm Lo, Vice President of Asia Pacific, Research In Motion. “BlackBerry smartphones have been very popular since first introduced in Hong Kong and the launch of the BlackBerry Pearl Flip will help expand the appeal of the BlackBerry platform to an even wider range of customers.”
For an excellent on-the-go browsing experience, the BlackBerry Pearl Flip smartphone’s enhanced HTML browser displays web pages beautifully in either “Column View” or “Page View” and different emulation settings allow users to choose between desktop-style HTML content and the mobile version of web pages. With its built-in Wi-Fi®, the BlackBerry Pearl Flip also lets users access enterprise wireless networks and Wi-Fi hotspots.
The BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8220 smartphone is now available at 1O1O centres and one2free shops. For more information, please call CSL’s sales hotline at 2988 1010 or visit www.1010.com.hk or http://www.blackberrypearlflip.com.hk.
Key Features and other Notes for Editors follow below:
FIRST CLASS PHONE
* Quadband GPRS and EDGE network support for international roaming
* Exceptional voice quality with premium phone features, including Speaker Independent Voice Recognition (SIVR) for Voice Activated Dialling (VAD), smart dialling, conference calling, speed dialling, call forwarding, voicemail attachment playback and enhanced background noise cancellation.
* Support for MP3 ringtones
* Equipped with speakerphone and Bluetooth® 2.0 for use with hands-free headsets, stereo headsets, car kits and other Bluetooth peripherals such as a GPS receiver.
* Removable/rechargeable 900 mAhr battery, provides four hours of talk time and over 14 days of standby time.
* Large QWERTY-based SureType® keyboard
* Support on BlackBerry® Internet Service, BlackBerry® Unite!, BlackBerry® Professional Software and BlackBerry® Enterprise Server
* Integrated access to the industry leading BlackBerry wireless services with the ability to easily access up to 10 supported personal and work email accounts
* Connect with friends, family and co-workers on popular social networking sites like Facebook®
* Preloaded DataViz® Documents to Go® software suite for editing Microsoft® Word, Excel and PowerPoint files directly on the smartphone
MULTIMEDIA TO GO
* Advanced media player for displaying pictures, listening to music and watching videos
* An equalizer with 11 preset filters – including “Lounge”, “Jazz” and “Hip Hop” – for customizing audio ranges when using wired headphones or external speakers
* New BlackBerry® Media Sync application makes it easy to sync iTunes digital music collections with the smartphone**
* Conveniently accessible microSD/SDHC memory card slot that supports up to 16GB cards for plenty of storage
* High Speed USB 2.0 support allows files to be quickly transferred between a desktop computer and the smartphone
* BlackBerry® Desktop Manager software includes Roxio® Media Manager for BlackBerry® to help users easily manage their music and video files
* Roxio Photosuite® 9 LE is also included for creating photo albums and editing pictures on a computer
*Video recording requires microSD card, which may be sold separately.
** Certain music files may not be supported, including files that contain digital rights management technologies.
CSL is Hong Kong’s first and leading mobile network operator. It is also the first mobile company in Hong Kong to employ a distinctive market segmentation strategy and it uses leading-edge technologies to provide customer-focused services through segmented brands: 1O1O, One2Free and New World Mobility.
It operates a world-class GSM / WCDMA network through which it offers comprehensive post and pre-paid mobile services to both local and international customers. CSL is also the leading roaming operator in Hong Kong as we are able to provide unmatched international multi-media connectivity with over 400 mobile operators around the world. For more information, please visit www.hkcsl.com.
CSL is a subsidiary of Telstra Corporation Limited, Australia’s leading telecommunications and information services company (www.telstra.com.au).
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.