ASP Announces Availability of EVOTECH™ Endoscope Cleaner and Reprocessor
First Commercially Available System to Eliminate Manual Cleaning of Endoscopes
EVOTECH™ System Offers Healthcare Workers Consistent Cleaning and Complete Confidence
Irvine, CA.- Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP) is pleased to announce the availability of the EVOTECH™ Endoscope Cleaner and Reprocessor, the first commercially available system to eliminate labor-intensive manual cleaning of endoscopes. The results of the EVOTECH™ System establish a consistently high standard of automated endoscope cleaning and high-level disinfection that is comparable to professional society guidelines for manual cleaning.
By removing the need to manually clean, the EVOTECH™ System eliminates the risk of human variation in endoscope cleaning. In addition, the EVOTECH™ System’s 33-minute or less reprocessing cycle time provides fast turn-around of instrumentation and enables healthcare workers to spend more time completing patient-related activities.
“With the EVOTECH™ System’s exceptional automation and technology, you can be confident that endoscopes are reprocessed safely and consistently,” said Karen Borg, Worldwide Vice President of Marketing at ASP. “The EVOTECH™ System is a trailblazer and one more example of how ASP is continually delivering innovative infection prevention solutions that meet our customers’ needs.”
The EVOTECH™ System features:
* Integrated Minimum Effective Concentration (MEC) monitoring that eliminates the need to handle high-level disinfectant, limiting the chance of staff exposure.
* Automated leak detection at the beginning and end of the cycle, which helps ensure endoscope integrity.
* Built-in alcohol flush that complies with SGNA recommendations to promote drying of endoscopes.
* Single-use high-level disinfection using glutaraldehyde-free CIDEX(R) OPA Concentrate Solution.
* Dual, independent basins that offer cleaning and reprocessing in 33 minutes or less.
* Convenient hands-free operation.
* Audible alarm can be turned on to alert of cycle completion.
The EVOTECH™ System is indicated for use with high-level disinfectant CIDEX® OPA Concentrate Solution and an enzymatic detergent (CIDEZYME® GI) to achieve cleaning and high-level disinfection of heat sensitive ( more than 60 degrees Celsius) semi-critical endoscopes. Manual cleaning of medical devices (endoscopes) is not required prior to placement in the EVOTECH™ System when selecting those cycles that contain a wash stage. Manual cleaning of medical devices (endoscopes) is required when selecting the Disinfect only or Disinfect/Alcohol Flush Cycle.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.