Cisco to Share Report Reviewing Security Incidents of 2008, Emerging Threats for 2009
What: On Monday, Dec. 15, 2008, security executives from Cisco will release its annual report recapping the security events and trends of 2008. The live broadcast will review notable security incidents and threats of the past year and will offer perspective on future challenges that could affect businesses, employees and consumers. The discussion will highlight:
* The year in review: Security incidents that affected businesses and consumers around the world.
* The threat landscape: The evolution of specific threats like botnets, spam and phishing and of rising trends associated with the online criminal community’s attempt to remain stealthy, steal information and evade authorities.
* Cisco security operations: How Cisco approaches security for its employees, customers, partners and the marketplace at large.
* Recommended strategies: Guidance for businesses, employees and consumers to minimize risk.
* Live Q&A: Media and analysts can ask questions throughout the broadcast.
Who: Patrick Peterson, Cisco fellow and chief security researcher; David Goddard, vice president of security assurance; Tom Gillis (host), vice president of security product marketing.
When: Monday, Dec. 15, 2008, 8-9 a.m. PST
Where: The Internet TV broadcast can be accessed at the URL below. No registration is required. Go to the URL Dec. 15 at 8 a.m. PST and click “Play” to launch the live presentation.
Technical assistance: Attendees who experience difficulties connecting can contact support at 1 866 614 0208 or 617 778 9652. Phone support is available 30 minutes prior to and after the event, as well as during the videocast. Attendees may also submit an Online Support Request to CiscoTV_help@external.cisco.com or firstname.lastname@example.org if necessary.
Interviews: To schedule press interviews after the broadcast, please e-mail Neil Wu Becker at email@example.com, or call 408-525-7415.
To schedule analyst interviews after the broadcast, please contact Todd Hanson, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 408-853-8255.
About Cisco Systems
Cisco, (NASDAQ: CSCO), is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com.
Cisco, the Cisco logo, and Cisco Systems are registered trademarks or trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries. All other trademarks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company. This document is Cisco Public Information.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.