Nuts Website Reaps Benefits Of Relaunch With Record-Breaking Performance In November
www.nuts.co.uk is enjoying the results of its October relaunch by clocking up a record 1.8 million unique users and 79 million page views in November (Source: Omniture Analytics*: November 2008).
The site underwent extensive research and development before the relaunch, which was designed to provide a far richer user experience for consumers while delivering more innovative opportunities for advertisers to reach them.
Since the changes to introduce easier navigation and a host of new content channels, Nuts.co.uk has increased its unique users to 1.813m, up 91.7% yoy, and pages to 79.3m, up 169.4% yoy (Source: Omniture Analytics: November 2008 and November 2007).
Furthermore, the Nuts site has also taken the lead according to Hitwise** – the leading online competitive intelligence service – to become the number one UK men’s lifestyle website. Based on monthly market share of UK visits, Nuts.co.uk now holds the number one spot in Hitwise UK’s “Lifestyle – Men’s Sites” category, beating the likes of FHM.com, Heavy.com, Askmen.com, Zoo and Menshealth.co.uk.
New elements driving the growth include:
· Ten-second Reviews – the destination to discover all the very best in movies, games, DVDs, gadgets and music for young men
· Spambank – home of the funniest and coolest content on the web, all hand-picked by Nuts
· Football – re-launched with exclusive match highlights courtesy of a new partnership with leading digital daily sports news provider omnisport.tv. A daily blog, user interaction and Nuts’ famous comedy football franchises round out the channel
· Web Games – showcasing the very best in online games, console games and the latest games trailers
· Video – top broadband content covering sport, entertainment, comedy and interviews
www.nuts.co.uk editor Keith Walker says: “I’m proud that the best online team in Britain works on the UK’s number one men’s site.”
Nuts publishing director Jo Smalley adds: “These results prove Nuts.co.uk continues evolving to engage more young men and outpace the competition. We’ve nearly doubled our unique users in a year, and our new content channels combined with innovative ad formats give advertisers even more exciting routes to reach this fast-growing audience.”
- ends -
- * Omniture Analytics – Omniture is a leading provider of online business optimization software
- ** Hitwise, the leading online competitive intelligence service, ranks websites according to market share of UK visits.
Nuts.co.uk is one of the UK’s leading websites in the men’s lifestyle and entertainment category. Updated daily with exclusive images and video, the site delivers the very best in girls, sport, news, games, humour, gadgets and gear.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.