ChoiceStream Selected by Starz Entertainment Group to Personalize the New VONGOSM Service
ChoiceStream Personalization Makes it Easy for Subscribers to Find Movies They’ll Love from within Vast Video and Movie Offering
Cambridge, Mass., Jan. 23, 2006 — ChoiceStream®, Inc., the leading provider of personalization for businesses providing services to consumers online, in the living room and on mobile devices, today announced that Starz Entertainment Group LLC (SEG) has chosen ChoiceStream to power personalized recommendations on Vongo, SEG’s new video download application and service. Vongo delivers movies and other video content over the Internet for playback on a wide range of portable media devices as well as on Windows-based PCs, laptops, and traditional TVs. “Vongo offers subscribers access to the best and broadest collection of portable video content from Hollywood’s biggest studios. To help subscribers sort through it all, we’ve partnered with ChoiceStream and have incorporated its state-of-the-art solution into our offering,” said Bob Greene, senior vice president, advanced services for SEG. “With ChoiceStream, our subscribers receive personalized recommendations for movies and video content based on their individual tastes and preferences, enabling them to navigate our vast inventory quickly and easily. Our partnership with ChoiceStream reflects our commitment to working with ‘best-of-breed’ service providers and we’re thrilled with the results.”
ChoiceStream provides SEG with:
• Truly personalized content programming that promotes discovery: ChoiceStream powers ‘Vongo Recommends,’ personalized recommendations that are based on consumers’ individual movie preferences. This enables SEG to dig deep into inventory and surface useful recommendations that genuinely match subscribers’ interests.
• Personally relevant merchandising that ensures subscribers never leave Vongo empty handed. ChoiceStream-powered ‘You may also like…’ recommends movies similar to the movie that is currently selected, or the subject of a failed search, with spot on accuracy.
• Accurate, relevant recommendations for all users – even first-time visitors: ChoiceStream personalization makes highly informed recommendations based on just a small amount of information from users.
• Accurate targeting of profitable back-catalog and non-mainstream movies: Often the most useful—and the most profitable—recommendations, these titles are overlooked by traditional approaches to personalization which require movies to be rated or downloaded by large numbers of users before they can be accurately recommended.
“ChoiceStream is very excited to be a part of Vongo, a ground-breaking service that will revolutionize the way consumers download and view video content,” said Steve Johnson, president and CEO of ChoiceStream. “ChoiceStream delivers a personalized, one-to-one experience to each of Vongo’s subscribers, enabling SEG to provide unique value to every consumer in a way that’s fun, useful and personally relevant. The result is greater convenience for consumers and differentiation that’s built in to the very core of the service.”
Vongo is available in the United States in beta form. To view ChoiceStream-powered personalization on Vongo, go to www.Vongo.com.
Proven Superior in the World’s Largest Networks
ChoiceStream’s ability to deliver the most accurate, relevant personalization is the result of its innovative approach. ChoiceStream gains a true understanding of each consumer’s preferences and combines it with knowledge gleaned across multiple sites and the more than 30 million users in the ChoiceStream Preference Network™. This insight gives ChoiceStream unique intelligence that enables it to offer the richest, most accurate personalized experience for each consumer, delivering:
• At least 3 times greater relevance - ChoiceStream-personalized movie recommendations are proven to be at least three times more relevant than recommendations from other solutions in tests conducted on a live deployment at a major online services provider. This greater relevance creates a substantially better consumer experience – increasing both usage and retention – by surrounding consumers with the movies that interest them.
• Up to 2.5 times greater variety – ChoiceStream- personalized recommendations have also been proven to offer consumers access to many more choices by reaching much deeper into inventory – 2.5 times deeper than other technologies – for movies to recommend. Greater variety improves the consumer experience and directly impacts the bottom line by surfacing back-catalog and other ‘long tail’ inventory for users who might not otherwise be exposed to it.
ChoiceStream delivers real relevance for consumers and real results for businesses providing services to consumers online, in the living room and on mobile devices. Relied on by the world’s largest networks, including AOL and Yahoo!, ChoiceStream’s patent-pending personalization solutions and expert client services build brand, increase retention and drive profitability by automatically delivering the most relevant content and products to each consumer. For more information, please visit www.choicestream.com.
- Contact Information
- Grace Brueckner
- ChoiceStream, Inc.
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.