Cisco Introduces Expert-Level CCIE Certification in Wireless Networking and Enhancements to CCIE Voice Certification
* A recent study commissioned by Cisco and conducted by Forrester Consulting found a pervasive need for specialized networking skills.
o 36 percent of the global companies surveyed reported that they have dedicated wireless specialists on their IT staff, a number that will almost double in the next five years.
o 69 percent of the companies surveyed expect to have a dedicated voice specialist on their staff within five years, up from 40 percent currently.
* Survey respondents also cited the importance of certifications. The IT decision makers surveyed indicated that professional and technical certifications were second only to a four-year college degree in helping them determine the qualifications of job applicants to perform the duties of the job.
* Collaboration is a $34 billion market opportunity and a key driver of the next generation Internet.
Today’s News: Cisco Introduces CCIE Certification in Wireless Networking and Enhancements to CCIE Voice Certification
* The introduction of the CCIE Wireless expert-level certification addresses the need for candidates who can design, deploy, manage and troubleshoot wireless networks (WLANs).
o Candidates who pass the CCIE Wireless certification exams must demonstrate broad theoretical knowledge of wireless networking and a solid understanding of wireless LAN technologies from Cisco, the market leader in WLAN technology.
o Protocol analysis, intrusion detection and prevention, performance, quality-of- service (QoS) analysis, and advanced WLAN design are some of the areas of expertise that the Cisco CCIE Wireless certification validates.
* To meet the needs of today’s expert-level voice services professionals, Cisco has refreshed its popular CCIE Voice certification.
o The revised Cisco CCIE Voice Lab Exam v3.0 uses the Cisco Unified Communications Manager System Release 7.0 solution for assessing an IT professional’s ability to handle personal mobility, scaling, international dialing and dial plans, and presence network challenges.
o Successful candidates will have demonstrated the skills to help companies accelerate business processes, increase productivity, and speed innovation.
* “Having the right collaborative platform helps an organization speed decision making, increase productivity and improve relationships internally as well as with customers and partners,” said Jeanne Beliveau Dunn, general manager, Learning@Cisco. “Corporate networks are only as powerful as the technical competencies of the professionals that design, install and manage them. Sophisticated network environments incorporating the latest voice and WLAN capabilities require a higher level of expertise for IT professionals. Cisco authorized training and certifications provide organizations and individuals the skills and the assurance of technical knowledge and expertise needed to capitalize on change by turning it into an advantage.”
Tags / Keywords: Talent Development, Certifications, IT Certifications, Cisco, Cisco Learning Network, Collaboration, Wireless, Voice
Links / URLs:
* Cisco Learning Network: http://www.ciscolearningnetwork.com
* CCIE Wireless: https://cisco.hosted.jivesoftware.com/docs/DOC-2990
* IDC Skills Gap White Paper:
* McKinsey Quarterly Talent Study:
Social Media Destinations:
* Friendfeed: www.friendfeed.com/learningatcisco
* Twitter: www.twitter.com/learningatcisco
* Del.i.cious: http://delicious.com/learningatcisco
* Google Reader: http://www.google.com/reader/shared/07543131729020791635
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.