CA, Inc. Releases its First Global Corporate Sustainability Report
Business, Community and the Environment are Connected
ISLANDIA, N.Y. – CA, Inc. (NASDAQ: CA), the world’s leading independent IT management software company, today announced the release of its first global corporate sustainability report. The report titled “Connected” affirms CA’s dedication to growing the company in environmentally and socially sustainable ways. The report highlights CA’s commitment to its own sustainability, as well as its unique role as a leading provider of software management solutions that enable customers to achieve their business and sustainability goals.
“We are very pleased to announce the release of our first corporate sustainability report and hope it provides a clear understanding of CA’s commitment to being a good corporate citizen,” said John Swainson, CEO, CA, Inc. “We are focused on being a valued partner for our customers and driving increased sustainability through environmental, community and workplace performance. Our core values—respect, integrity and commitment—are reflected in everything we do, and we believe they have been, and will continue to be integral to CA’s and our customers’ growth and profitability.”
The CA Sustainability Report reflects the company’s understanding of the connection between CA’s business, the community and the environment. The 76-page report consists of three core sections highlighting CA’s goals and achievements that connect these areas together. The company’s progress is measured against the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) indicators and United Nations Global Compact principals.
The 2008 Sustainability Report is available in PDF format at http://ca.com/citizenship. Highlights from the report include:
CA Connected to the Business
CA creates value for customers, shareholders and other stakeholders by running a successful company, and by being deeply committed to operating with the highest levels of governance, compliance, transparency and accountability. These are reflected in:
* CA’s Corporate Governance Principals and Code of Conduct
* The Business Practices and Compliance Department
* Extensive records and information management program
* Comprehensive Data Privacy Initiative
* Recognition in Ethisphere Magazine’s “2008 Best Overall Government Ethics Program” list, where CA was the only independent software company listed
CA Connected to the Community
For more than 30 years, CA has supported nonprofit organizations that strengthen, enrich and improve communities around the world. CA’s core philanthropic focus is to improve the quality of education for underserved students around the world. Through its global community affairs program, CA Together, offerings include:
* An effective employee engagement program
* Support of more than 50 nonprofits worldwide
* Annual contributions of more than $5 million
* CA Together IT, providing world-class software solutions donations
Employee matching gifts program
CA Connected to the Environment
CA continues to identify and evaluate opportunities to preserve the environment, help organizations improve their sustainability through IT management software and provide employees with the latest information and resources they need to help them reduce their impact on the environment. CA does this by:
* Launching CA’s Green Governance program in 2008 to help prioritize and manage the company’s sustainability initiatives
* Supporting 50 initiatives and programs that have been instituted at CA offices around the world, including modernizing the facilities and reducing carbon footprints
* Engaging employees in volunteer programs and supporting environmental events, such as Earth Day, globally
* Reducing 15,904 square feet of data center floor space no longer requiring cooling power and helping to eliminate approximately 450 metric tons of carbon emissions
CA welcomes feedback on this report and encourages action from key stakeholders, employees, customers and community members. CA is committed to developing greater transparency in its reporting to improve the quality and quantity of the data reported. Comments can be directed to Danielle Perillo at Danielle.Perillo@ca.com.
CA (NASDAQ: CA) is the world’s leading independent IT management software company. With CA’s Enterprise IT Management (EITM) vision and expertise, organizations can more effectively govern, manage and secure IT to optimize business performance and sustain competitive advantage. For more information, visit www.ca.com.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.