Symantec Launches Norton AntiVirus 2009 Gaming Edition
New security offering lets you get your game on while playing it safe
CUPERTINO, Calif. – Symantec Corp. (Nasdaq: SYMC), makers of Norton security software, today announced the availability of Norton AntiVirus 2009 Gaming Edition, a new offering designed specifically with the gaming community in mind. From protecting assets earned on massive multi-player games to keeping malware at bay, Norton AntiVirus 2009 Gaming Edition is fast and light on system resources, and never compromises the gaming experience.
Key features of Norton AntiVirus 2009 Gaming Edition
* New Gamer Mode keeps you protected but won’t bother you while you’re in the middle of a game. Suspends updates, alerts, and other background activities and is automatically enabled when system is in full screen mode, or easily manually enabled;
* Smart scheduling holds resource intensive actions such as system scans for when the computer is idle;
* Industry-leading protection from viruses, spyware, worms, Trojans, keyloggers, bots and infected web sites;
* Customizable security settings allow gamers to reach the performance and protection balance they require; and
* Performance driven release installs in under a minute, uses less than 6MB memory, adds less than 1 second to boot time and averages scans in less than 35 seconds.
“Gamers are an extremely demanding audience that simply won’t tolerate anything on their system that detracts from gameplay,” said Rowan Trollope, senior vice president, Consumer Products, Symantec. “Norton AntiVirus Gaming Edition keeps gamers protected online and runs perfectly undetected in the background, meaning no interruptions, no pop-ups, and with the same award winning zero-impact performance of our 2009 products.”
* Norton AntiVirus 2009 Gaming Edition gaming & security web site: www.norton.com/gaming
* Norton AntiVirus 2009 Gaming Edition page at www.norton.com/gamer
* Please visit the Norton Protection Blog www.nortonprotectionblog.com for additional information on the launch of Norton AntiVirus 2009 Gaming Edition
Pricing and Availability
Norton AntiVirus 2009 Gaming Edition is available today in the U.S. and exclusively on the Symantec online store at www.symantecstore.com. The suggested retail price for Norton AntiVirus 2009 is $39.99USD which includes a one-year service subscription to use the product and receive Symantec’s protection updates.
About Norton from Symantec
Symantec’s Norton products protect consumers from traditional threats with antivirus, anti-spam and spyware protection, as well as bots, drive-by downloads and identity theft-- while also being light on system resources. The company also provides services such as online backup and PC tuneup, and is a trusted source for family online safety.
Symantec is a global leader in providing security, storage and systems management solutions to help consumers and organizations secure and manage their information-driven world. Our software and services protect against more risks at more points, more completely and efficiently, enabling confidence wherever information is used or stored. More information is available at www.symantec.com.
Note to Editors: If you would like additional information on Symantec Corporation and its products, please visit the Symantec News Room at http://www.symantec.com/news. All prices noted are in U.S. dollars and are valid only in the United States.
Symantec and the Symantec Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Symantec Corporation or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
 Independent 3rd party test lab, PassMark Software was commissioned to benchmark Symantec and top security software competitors’ performance impact on key metrics. Full report can be found online: http://www.passmark.com/ftp/antivirus_09-performance-testing-ed2.pdf
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.