Agilent Technologies Announces Industry’s First Licensing Model Dedicated to Advanced Verification for RFICs
New GoldenGate License Helps Manage Costs, Improves Product Manufacturability
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today announced the industry’s first simulation licensing model dedicated to reducing the cost of advanced verification. Used with Agilent’s GoldenGate RFIC simulation, analysis and verification software suite, the new license helps manage costs and improves large-scale RFIC yield and manufacturability.
“Time-to-yield and volume pressures for RFICs have never been greater,” said Paul Colestock, RFIC product marketing manager with Agilent’s EEsof EDA division. “Getting it right involves taking a system-to-silicon approach and carefully watching simulation costs. While Design-for-Yield (DFY) and Design-for-Manufacturability (DFM) approaches are necessary steps to design success, the large number of simulation licenses they consume can make them prohibitively expensive for many customers. Agilent’s new license is just one more step we’ve taken to solve this problem.”
Agilent’s GoldenGate software is an advanced RFIC simulation and analysis solution for integrated RFIC design and verification. Developed for the specific needs of RFIC/wireless designers, GoldenGate is fully integrated into the Cadence Analog Design Environment. Its unique simulation algorithms are optimized for the challenging demands of today’s complex RFIC design, while its speed and capacity enables full characterization of complete transceivers prior to tape out.
The parallel corner and Monte Carlo licensing capability is part of the new GoldenGate 4.3.0 release. The license augments Agilent’s GoldenGate Quad-Pack strategy, providing RFIC design and CAD managers the flexibility to optimize their simulation costs to get the utmost value from every license. GoldenGate is the only tool of its kind that allows both multiple simulations from a single software license (Quad-Pack) and dedicated simulation licenses for corner and Monte-Carlo-based verification. In addition to the new licensing, GoldenGate 4.3.0 contains many new features and enhancements, including:
* enhanced Wireless Library Support for standards-based verification, including 3GPPFDD (LTE), TDSCDMA, 802.16 (WiMAX) and 802.11;
* a new Transient Envelope noise analysis capability for accurate spectral and Error Vector Magnitude (EVM) analysis;
* support for multithreaded Transient Convolution, for 2x - 5x simulation speed improvement;
* a new time-domain preconditioner for harmonic balance simulations when simulating strongly nonlinear circuits;
* memory consumption and start-up time improvements for Monte Carlo analysis and simulations using binned process design kits or large circuit extracted views; and
* enhanced remote host capability for maximizing hardware across machine and operating system configurations.
For more information about the GoldenGate Parallel Corner and Monte Carlo license and other important features of GoldenGate 4.3, visit www.agilent.com/find/eesof-goldengate.
To request a demo and get more information about GoldenGate, visit www.agilent.com/find/eesof-goldengate-demo-pr.
A high-resolution screen image of Agilent’s GoldenGate software is available at www.agilent.com/find/eesof-goldengate_images.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.