The Spirit of the Season: HP Bridges the Miles with Gifts That Bring People Together
Online Holiday Gift Guide features gifts for everyone
PALO ALTO, Calif.
HP today kicked off its holiday campaign, “Practical Magic,” which is designed to capture the spirit and magic of the holiday season while bringing people together and conveying the value, functionality and practicality that HP products offer.
To make gift giving easy, HP offers an online Holiday Gift Guide that helps people choose great technology gifts to bring friends and family together, no matter where they live.
The HP Holiday Gift Guide features new, stylish and innovative personal computing, personal publishing and entertainment products at a wide range of prices.
* From mini companion PCs for “Internet snacking” to sleek notebooks for performance on the go, HP has a computer for everyone and every purpose.
* Serving as the hub of the household, an HP TouchSmart all-in-one PC connects friends and family through photo and video sharing, an integrated webcam, easy blogging and fun games – all enjoyed with the touch of a finger.
* Connect to an HP Photosmart wireless printer to print festive holiday décor or photos from anywhere in the house.
* Digital picture frames are warm reminders of friends and family, and a pair of webcams can bring them together from opposite ends of the world.(1)
Beginning today, the HP Holiday Gift Guide will offer special savings throughout the holiday season. Consumers can view the most popular gift items as well as browse products by price range. In addition, HP will offer free shipping on orders above $59.99 (tax included). And due to popular demand, the site features an express store option so consumers can receive their gifts the day after purchase.
“Holidays are time for sharing and gift giving and now more than ever our customers are looking for cool gifts at the very best value,” said Fred Bullock, vice president, Marketing, Personal Solutions Group – Americas, HP. “Whether people want to play high-definition movies on their notebooks, surf their favorite social networking sites while on the go, or experience the revolution of a touch-screen, all-in-one computer that doubles as a TV, alluring and practical gifts are available from HP.”
Mini companions for all
The new HP Mini 1000 line of companion PCs is ideal for people on the go who are looking to quickly connect to the Internet.(2) At less than 1-inch thick and weighing a little more than 2 pounds, (3) the Mini has a keyboard that is 92 percent the size of a standard notebook PC keyboard.
* HP Mini 1000 features a piano-black finish with HP Imprint swirl design and is pre-installed with Windows® XP Home, making access to the web,(2) critical files and PC applications easily portable. Starts at $399.(4)
* HP Mini 1000 Vivienne Tam Edition comes in vibrant red with a peony-flower-inspired design that reflects the globally acclaimed fashion designer’s spring 2009 collection. Starting at $699,(4) it can be reserved at www.hpdirect.com/mini to be delivered in time for the holidays.
Performance notebooks for entertainment-rich experiences
HP notebooks strike the right balance between mobility, size and visual performance.
* The HP Pavilion dv5 Entertainment Notebook PC is a polished classic that offers a 15.4-inch diagonal display, exquisite design with a silver keyboard, and backlit touch-sensitive media controls. Starts at $499.(4)
* Voodoo Envy 133 is a showcase of ultramobility. It’s just over half-an-inch thin and loads in seconds, giving users near-instant access to the Internet and Skype.(2) Pricing starts at $2,099.(4)
All-in-one PCs and accessories for staying in touch
* The HP TouchSmart IQ800 series PC is a sleek all-in-one touchscreen desktop that doubles as a TV.(5) With the tap or swipe of a finger, it’s easy to check the weather, edit photos and leave notes for family. The HP TouchSmart IQ804 PC and HP TouchSmart IQ816 PC start at $1,899 and $2,099, respectively.(4)
* The HP 3.5-inch Digital Picture Frame is a compact but elegant way to display photos and play videos. The frame adjusts photos from portrait to landscape and comes with a remote control and leather case for $59.(4)
* With the HP Premium Autofocus Webcam, friends and family can conduct video chats with loved ones who are far away.(1) It works with most messaging programs and is available for $69.(4)
Personalized gifts that inspire creativity
* HP Creative Studio is a one-stop online resource to a number of HP printable projects from free party kits, greeting cards and holiday decorations to custom announcements and even bookstore-quality books from third-party partners including Martha Stewart, Disney, DreamWorks and Blurb. HP Creative Studio can be found at www.hp.com/create.
* The versatile, limited edition HP Photosmart C4599 All-in-One Printer wirelessly(2) prints, scans and copies without a PC.(5) With a sleek piano-black finish, it’s an ideal match for HP Pavilion notebooks. Priced at $149.(4)
* The HP Deskjet D2545 Printer is perfect for the eco-conscious gift giver. The printer helps reduce environmental impact without giving up print performance. Eighty-three percent of the printer’s total plastic weight is made up of recycled plastics, and it uses HP 60 ink cartridges made from recycled plastic resins. Priced at $44. (4)
* Snapfish by HP offers truly personalized holiday photo gifts at the click of a mouse. For $16.99, Picture Me full-color board books let children be the stars of their very own photo stories. A $15-and-under Snapfish store is filled with photo collage mugs and decorative ornaments, while holiday photo cards priced as low as 29 cents each and 4 x 6-inch prints are only 9 cents each.(4)
HP Total Care warranty service and support
HP PCs are backed by HP Total Care, a suite of in-or-out-of-warranty service and support options. With HP Total Care, consumers can reach support agents 24/7 by phone, email or real-time chat. HP also has a variety of self-help tools built right into its PCs and online services such as HP Total Care Advisor, which allows consumers to navigate through PC care, check up on health and security, get product information, view connections, and get updates from a single access point. More information is available at www.hp.com/go/totalcare.
HP, the world’s largest technology company, provides printing and personal computing products and IT services, software and solutions that simplify the technology experience for consumers and businesses. HP completed its acquisition of EDS on Aug. 26, 2008. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com/.http://www.hp.com.
(1) Internet access required and sold separately. Instant messaging software required.
(2) Internet access is required and sold separately.
(3) Weight varies by configuration.
(4) Estimated U.S. street price. Actual price may vary.
(5) Availability of signals limited by the strength and accessibility of the originating TV signal, location and other factors. Performance issues may arise, and do not constitute defects in the product.
Microsoft and Windows are U.S. registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
© 2008 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.