Alcatel-Lucent demonstrates its strong commitment to innovation at the ICT event in Lyon, France
Ben Verwaayen, CEO, to deliver a keynote speech and Alcatel-Lucent to showcase innovative R&D collaborative research projects
Paris — Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) today detailed its participation at the upcoming ICT event, the largest research event in Europe in 2008, taking place in Lyon, France, between November 25th and 27th. At this event, Ben Verwaayen, CEO, Alcatel-Lucent, will present how Alcatel-Lucent revolutionize innovation through Bell Labs, the foundation of the group’s innovation spirit.Bell Labs main mission is to invent the future by defining the technical vision that inspires our customers and guides our activity. They do this through revolution in innovation and collaboration within the research community.
At ICT in Lyon, Alcatel-Lucent will showcase a number of unique innovations the company is developing with other institutions as part of a number of R&D European collaborative research projects. This collaboration is part of the Company’s “open innovation” approach to creating the future of communications.
Highlight of the conference program:
Ben Verwaayen, CEO, Alcatel-Lucent, will be part of a plenary session dedicated to “Setting the ICT Agenda for the next decade” at 11:00 on November 25, 2008.
Alcatel-Lucent will showcase its Bell Labs researchers’ collaboration in several European research projects in the following demonstrations throughout the exhibition:
* The “Unlimited Mobile TV” (TVMSL) project is a unique combination of mobile terrestrial and satellite broadcast delivery, complementing existing 3G/UMTS networks. It seeks to develop a new mobile television broadcasting solution based on the open DVB-SH standard, spanning all mobile devices in any frequency below 3GHz.
* The Citizen media project is about research, development and validation of A/V systems to enable multiple non-professional users to co-create networked applications and experiences based on their own user-generated content. It investigates how to exploit the huge amount of user-generated content in innovative ways to support people in their daily lives and how technology will enable social change to strongly involve users for co-creating networked applications.
* The WellCom project offers solutions providing end users with easy access to new audiovisual services and applications from various terminals. Delegates can take part in a real-time gameshow using their mobile phone to interact and receive personalised information or additional multimedia content on demand.
* The SPICE (Service Platform for Innovative Communication Environment) project is addressing the still unsolved problem of designing, developing and putting into operation efficient and innovative mobile service creation/execution platforms for networks beyond 3G.
* The WWW.brighter.eu consortium aims at pushing the limits of the current laser diode technology towards low cost and high brightness, and to couple more light power into smaller diameter optical fibers. These improvements will both allow the replacement of existing cumbersome and expensive laser sources and facilitate the emergence of new applications (medical imagery, telecommunication networks, projection display…).
* The MIMOWA project aims at simulating, implementing, validating and evaluating wireless multiple antenna MIMO (Multiple Input Multiple Output) building blocks such as IP, silicon, and FPGA content and how they can be leveraged to improve mobile communications – in particular for cellular 3G, WiMAX, and WiFi air interfaces.
Plus, Alcatel-Lucent will also be present through two competitiveness clusters featured in the French Pavilion:
* System@TIC PARIS REGION: This cluster is focus on software complex systems for Telecom, Security and Transport market.Alcatel-Lucent is a permanent member of the executive board and Eric Perrin Pelletier, Head of Bell labs in France, is the chairman of "Telecoms,” one of the four themes covered by the cluster. At ICT, Alcatel-Lucent will be presenting the Carriocas project looking at connecting large computers, data storage and high-resolution displays by high bit rate optical networks in order to achieve real time, distributed, collaborative and interactive modeling and simulation for complex system design applications, in areas such as energy, medical, and automotive.
* Images et Réseaux (the Media & Networks cluster) brings together players from information, telecommunications and audio-visual technologies, established in Brittany and Pays-de-la-Loire French regions. Jointly, they design the key technologies, products and services that best suit new media networks and usage. Alcatel-Lucent is member of the board of the cluster. At ICT, Alcatel-Lucent will be presenting the Companym@ges project which consists in developing a platform of multimedia, innovative and accessible services for Enterprise and associated vertical markets. Demonstrative applications are developed: help for dependent aged people in residential home, video assisted maintenance service that automatically get in touch Technicians with Experts, interactive Contact Centre for TV channels and announcers.
For additional information on Alcatel-Lucent’s presence at ICT Lyon, please visit: external linkhttp://ec.europa.eu/information_society/events/ict/2008/index_en.htm
Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) is the trusted partner of service providers, enterprises and governments worldwide, providing solutions that deliver voice, data and video communication services to end-users. A leader in fixed, mobile and converged broadband networking, IP technologies, applications and services, Alcatel-Lucent leverages the unrivalled technical and scientific expertise of Bell Labs, one of the largest innovation powerhouses in the communications industry. With operations in more than 130 countries and the most experienced global services organization in the industry, Alcatel-Lucent is a local partner with a global reach. Alcatel-Lucent achieved revenues of Euro 17.8 billion in 2007 and is incorporated in France, with executive offices located in Paris. For more information, visit Alcatel-Lucent on the Internet: http://www.alcatel-lucent.com
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.