English for Successful Living provides an opportunity for immigrant adults to learn English
ATLANTA, GA -- 12/27/2004 -- English for Successful Living, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, offers English classes to the adult immigrant community.
The organization began offering classes in January 2003, and since that time they have taught over 1,200 students with the help of over 300 volunteers.
INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS
Evening class schedule:
- Tuesdays and Thursdays 7:00-8:30pm, January 25 - April 21
Saturday class schedule:
- Saturdays 9:00am-12:00pm, January 29 - April 23
- Pre-Registration and Placement Testing is Thursday, January 20 from 6:00pm to 8:00pm
- Students may also register in the hour prior to class during the first two weeks of the session
- Classes are small with a focus on conversation and useful vocabulary
- They teach practical skills using the immersion method with more than 80 trained volunteer teachers
- They offer various levels, from beginning to advanced
- There is no cost for tuition; each student must purchase a textbook for $25
- Free childcare is available for studentsí children
- On the campus of Holy Innocents School and Church in northwest Atlanta: 805 Mt Vernon Highway, NW, Atlanta, Georgia 30327. (No religion is taught in their classes).
INFORMATION FOR VOLUNTEERS
- They offer multiple volunteer opportunities for volunteers who can contribute an hour a week or an hour a year. Volunteer positions include English teachers, refreshment servers, registration assistants, and office volunteers, among many others. Please see their website for more details: www.eslgeorgia.org.
- Contact Information
- Chaly Jo Moyen
- Executive Director
- English for Successful Living
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.