Media Alert: Microsoft Showcases Immersive User Interfaces, Online Banking Technologies and Interactive Collaboration Tools at BAI Retail Delivery Conference & Expo
In times of economic crisis, Microsoft provides banks with the solutions they need to reach consumers and grow market share through “connected experiences.”
Where: BAI Retail Delivery Conference & Expo
Microsoft Booth 2441
Orange County Convention Center
9400 Universal Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32819
What: During the 2008 BAI Retail Delivery Conference & Expo, Microsoft Corp. will showcase several innovative ways banks can better attract, retain and cross-sell customers by connecting their digital lifestyles and work styles together. These include the following:
• Microsoft Virtual Earth. An integrated set of services providing quality geospatial data, rich imagery and cutting-edge technology that helps banks provide immersive online customer experiences, and connect customers with branch locations and services.
• Microsoft Surface. The first commercially available surface computer helps break down traditional barriers to technology. The 360-degree user interface, along with multi-touch and object recognition functionaility provides an exciting way for banks to create compelling and interactive retail branch experiences for potential customers.
• Tellme. An on-demand voice services platform that helps banks connect with customers every day, simplifying everyday tasks, on everyday devices.
Sessions: During the conference, Microsoft will demonstrate real-world scenarios, as well as discuss critical technology issues impacting the retail banking community. Session topics include the following:
• “Transforming the Customer Experience in Banking”
• “Visualize Your Data to Improve Your Business”
• “Smarter Spending With On-Demand Voice Services”
• “The New Branch Imperative: Efficiency & Experience”
• “Microsoft Surface”
News: Microsoft “Millennials in Banking Survey.” With the majority of the Millennial generation soon to enter the work force, banks have an opportunity to target these new consumers using more modern channels. During the event, Microsoft will release the results of a new study on Millennials to reveal more about their preferred means of interaction with financial institutions.
Briefings: Representatives of Microsoft customer BMO Bank of Montreal will be on hand to discuss how the bank is using Virtual Earth to provide a superior online customer experience — a sophisticated branch locator that includes specialties (financial planners and mortgage brokers), services and languages (French, English and Spanish).
When: Nov. 18–20, 2008
Who: Colleen Healy, General Manager, U.S. Financial Services Group, Microsoft
Rich Feldmann, Industry Solutions Director, U.S. Banking Group, Microsoft
Marley Gray, Industry Technology Strategist, U.S. Banking Group, Microsoft
David Vander, Managing Director, Worldwide Banking Group, Microsoft
Pritesh Gandhi, Senior Manager, Online & Enterprise Strategy, Bank of Montreal
More Info: More information is available at http://www.microsoft.com/industry/financialservices/banking/default.mspx.
Note to editors: If you are interested in viewing additional information on Microsoft, please visit the Microsoft Web page at http://www.microsoft.com/presspass on Microsoft’s corporate information pages. Web links, telephone numbers and titles were correct at time of publication, but may since have changed. For additional assistance, journalists and analysts may contact Microsoft’s Rapid Response Team or other appropriate contacts listed at http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/contactpr.mspx.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.